HELP ATLANTA DRIFTERS

Pictures, Videos, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ummyeah
Tourist

HELP ATLANTA DRIFTERS

Post by ummyeah »

City council is trying to ban drifting events in city limits. This shuts down the s2 turner field drift events from years and years running. Need I say more? Link below to the petition. Takes a minute to sign! Please sign and share this link as much as possible.

http://www.change.org/petitions/atlanta ... tton_modal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

hotdoghogie

Re: HELP ATLANTA DRIFTERS

Post by hotdoghogie »

Signed*

a.k.a.vene

Post by a.k.a.vene »

I have all ready signed!! Yesterday
TILL IT REDLINES HACHI!!!!!!!!
NONSTOPTUNING.COM

TEAMSUNWORKS.COM

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

I saw this video from the news cast. Its hard to understand. Why the city wants to ban it, anyone got that knowledge?
I like cars, food, and puppies.

ummyeah
Tourist

Post by ummyeah »

The condos across the street from turner field are the ones getting it through for noise reasons. Tests showed 76 db at the property line during a turner event. And its Saturday during daytime, 6 times a year for christs sake. But its fine to shoot fireworks every Friday night for the braves that register 150 db to the condos. I don't get it. They say the drift events are a "nuiscance".

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

wizzurp
Tourist

Post by wizzurp »

I don't see how hard it is to just do like most sporting events and have a 95db limit. It'd solve the noise issue at the expense of the drivers, not that a bullet or some other small muffler is hard to install.

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

i'm kind of curious to know if it's the actual event causing the ruckus, or if maybe it's the spectator and the driving of THEIR cars that are annoying the residents. I don't know if you have to drive through those neighborhoods that are complaining, but we all know the crowd and the type of cars that belong to the community can be loud and annoying...i drive one of those cars!

wizzurp
Tourist

Post by wizzurp »

Mine only makes noise when the gate is open :P

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

it just shows you how unfree this nation of hipocrits are. long live the furer
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

JDMwhiteboy wrote:I saw this video from the news cast. Its hard to understand. Why the city wants to ban it, anyone got that knowledge?

then you seen my 4agze coupe!! they made it look rhd inside though......
706-669-6578 EST

Mase86
Tourist

Post by Mase86 »

Been hearing about this. Its only during the day.....Really. No disrespect but Harley's have louder Db levels.

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

actually, the HOA complaint was that hearing loud engines start from exactly 997 ft. away at 8am in the morning, was disruptive. meanwhile there are no churches withen blocks from the upper lot that we used for drifting. Funny thing about all this is, first run on the drift track is always 10am......so guess who was the real culprit? SCCA.....while the drift crowd uses the upper lot off camber from the town homes, the lower lot is an SCCA lot, and on the back side of the SCCA lot, is a 20ft. tall cresent shaped wall aimed directly at the town homes, so it emits a satalite effect.

guess whos still waking them up at 8am on sunday mornings 1 weeked a month? SCCA. it wasnt the drift crowd. Howard stood at their front doors during an event with a decimeter....the loudest it got was like 70 dB., and that was a tandom run with a strait piped LS1 s14, and supercharged fronteir swapped g35. your common house hold hair dryer is 78 dB.....

it just so happens that, every now and then, our sunday events run at the same time SCCA runs their events. so its double the tire squealing, double the engine sound, etc. So, when city council was approached with this, the fact that is was 2 different sanctioning parties, it didnt matter, because s2 drift events were the ones on the ballad, and it wasnt up to be modified or changed. another fuct up fact is ......mayor kasseem reid was on a month long vacation in paris while all of this was going on, so even if he wanted to veto the vote, he wasnt there to do it.

if its hard to understand the layout im describing, let me know, ill post up some aerials, and what not to get a better understanding.
706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

honestly, you move smack dab into the middle of downtown atlanta, next to braves stadium, and expect piece and quiet?

for the record: at 10:00pm at night, a braves score firework goes off, and fans cheering, bring a 107db level. noise ordanance is in effect from 10pm till 7am in atlanta city limits....so why did we get shut down 10am to 6pm?
706-669-6578 EST

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

You can challenge the ordinance for inconsistency in their application of the sound ordinance. The City Council did not do its due diligence in determining who the culprit is that is causing the commotion. As a group you might even be eligible to recover damages for lost revenues as a result of them improperly applying this ordinance to your group.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

its being looked into now, same for an appeal. put it this way, atlanta city council made time magazines 7th spot in the top ten dumbest laws in this nation.....i posted that on their FB page with a "way to go ATL, to bad its bad publicity in the worlds #1, most read magazine."
706-669-6578 EST