86garge.com member makes mag cover

Pictures, Videos, etc...

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

4agshoob

86garge.com member makes mag cover

Post by 4agshoob »

its been a while since ive been here. i dont know if anyone else posted this. the mag was released mid april, im still proud, and while i dont own the car any longer, this is still a flagship to me. finally after building 5 corollas, i made my goal with one of them. alots changed on the car since the mag cover and article, but for the better, in a matter of personal opinion. if anyone is interested in it, the new owner currently has it for sale on atlantas craigslist. this is the same car that was used in my DIY 4agze swap write up, same one you guys seen pictures of built on my back patio of my previous house.

enjoy.

article here: http://s3mag.com/blog/?p=2994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

706-669-6578 EST

4agshoob

Re: 86garge.com member makes mag cover

Post by 4agshoob »

heres some updated pics of the car. also a vid from where it was on wsb-tv local channel2 news doing a drift demonstration in their parking lot, along with drift legend andy sapp, and friend alexander grant.

funny story with this shifter. it was my grandfathers. he bought it in the 50's. he was a truck driver, he carried this knob with him from truck to truck through out his career that ended ubruptly in 1987, when he died of leukemia. i have vague memories of him, but everyone i meet that knew him says he'd never met a stranger, and his own funeral was shut down due to uncontrollable traffic from friends, and tractor trailors in a convoy that shut down a local downtown atl pkwy. i found this in a tool box at my nephews house. my nephew was my fathers ex wifes grandson. she gave him my fathers old tool box.....this shift knob was in it. crazy coincidence it matched the steering wheel, and threaded right on.

:55 is my boss john....and his wife kelly, who spear headed the petition to save drifting.

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/drifti ... ban/vHDT9/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:15 my coupes in the background.

1:47 inside and fender shots of the coupe.

the only outside shots they used is now a 1/2 second clip, everytime the news comes on, lol.

a friend of mine has the whole thing recorded on his personal camera, and im still waiting for him to edit the video and release it. we absolutely killed theyre parking lot, lol. i was kinda ill they didnt air out side shots of my car. everyone that was there for the news report said if it had been a competition i would have walked away with it. if you look at the aerial shots of sapp in his bimmer, youll see the huge outside oval. thats a third gear, full lock 65 mph, 86 slide, continuous.
706-669-6578 EST

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I love the story about that shift knob Justin. If you ever get into another 86 let me know because of this.

Your grandfather's funeral traffic causing procession should be envied by all. A man who loved and was loved sounds like. Righteous.

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

I subscribe to "S3". Those Atlanta boys do a good job putting that magazine together. I like the fact that they do not pander to factory cars or trailer queens.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

Mase86
Tourist

Post by Mase86 »

Man I haven't seen your car in a while. Been so
Busy lately. Car is looking good and nice photo shoot.

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Looks good..

4agshoob

Post by 4agshoob »

thanks guys!!
706-669-6578 EST