Eastwood 135 MIG opinions?

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

Eastwood 135 MIG opinions?

Post by 86boy »

Any welder people on here? I'm looking to get into welding, and was wondering if this would be worth the $300 with free shipping from eastwood? I've done VERY little welding and looking get into it. I know i will have to buy a bottle and gas to utilize it correctly, and that's not an issue. I just want to know if anyone has some opinions with this. I plan on welding smaller stuff, and possibly attempting some bash bars or reinforcements etc. Maybe a roll cage down the road when I get the hang of it. opinions?
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

GamblerZ

Re: Eastwood 135 MIG opinions?

Post by GamblerZ »

I would go to a welding shop, work with them for a bit, and gather their input. Their are local shops here in West Texas that are all willing to help someone out and put them on the right path, FYI.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

86boy

Post by 86boy »

GamblerZ wrote:I would go to a welding shop, work with them for a bit, and gather their input. Their are local shops here in West Texas that are all willing to help someone out and put them on the right path, FYI.

yeah.... the people here just want to sell you the most expensive piece of equipment they have in their shop.... been there done that.. This guy REALLY wanted me to buy a 220v $2500 welder. i looked at him like he was out of his mind, and told him "I just wanna weld stuff for my car... I'm not building a damn Locomotive" and he just walked off like I was no good to him. It was pretty fabulous. Wish that shop was up here.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I agree with Gambler - a decent welding school should be able to point you in the right direction. Cory (JDMAE86) would most likely be able to give you a good opinion on that unit as well. He's quite talented at welding.