phone horror stories!

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

phone horror stories!

Post by 86boy »

Long Version:

SOOO I dropped my phone right before I was about to leave work. Didn't think anything of it just picked it up and put it back in my pocket. Then about 15 minutes later I dig my phone out, and hit the power button. No screen. Think wth? maybe the battery popped loose or something. Take my case off, and pull the battery and reseat it in it's place. Hold the power button it vibrates as if it is turning on, but still no screen. I about crapped my pants when the screen didn't come on. First though in my head "well shit, guess I'll have to call the phone insurance place again" then I quickly remembered... 2 days from now is Thanksgiving... I won't get my a new phone til Monday or possibly Tuesday. what to do... find someone with a spare phone laying around? Let me just call my... nevermind.... So I decide well everything appears to be working (this is where my job comes in handy sometimes) the screen must just be screwed up or it came unplugged inside. I get home after I feel my phone vibrate like 9 million times from people calling me and texting me. Of course my phone WOULD be quiet all damn day until the screen is screwed up.

Get home and try all my screw drivers, and they are all to big for the little itty bitty phillips screws holding the case together. So I wait for my roommate to get home, and ask him "Do you have any of those tiny ass screw drivers for glasses?!" THANKFULLY he had a set. Take the screws out try to pull it apart... nothing. Look online, and found out you have to pull the screen out from the front of the main phone case. Thought I would crack the screen for sure.... took my SWEET ass time with it, and didn't do anymore damage to the phone. Start looking at all the connector, and low and behold the shock from dropping it just partially knocked loose a connector. Pushed it back down, and threw the battery back in. WOOOTTT!!! Screen works again.

Mind you this phone is like part of my life when I'm at work. This is the only way I can get paged for urgent issues... and if I don't respond I get into a LOT of trouble. The spare phone at work is broke so that wasn't even an option. They are waiting on another phone company to get that replaced. One other option if tearing it apart wouldn't have fixed it is the fact I have all my contacts and everything backed up to my gmail (google mail for you old timers! haha!! jk!). So I could have jotted down a few numbers and borrowed a phone to call some people to find a spare phone until I could have claimed insurance. I also saved a $90 insurance claim! woot go me!

Anyways... As I'm putting it back together I think "I'm a complete dumbass for selling my previous phones.... if I wouldn't have been able to fix this I would have been up s**t creek." then of course had to go search the floor due to me dropping one of the itty bitty tiny screws.... luckily found it, and doing all of this over a hardwood floor. Pretty sure it would have been lost if there was carpet in this room.

Short Version:

drops phone... screen stops working... tears it apart... makes it work....

"Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: phone horror stories!

Post by dr.occa »

lol, i liked the long version but the short version had a funny bollywood looking guy ripping his shirt off.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

I personally like the short version better! hahaha
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

You lost me at, "So I dropped my phone..."
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

86boy

Post by 86boy »

GamblerZ wrote:You lost me at, "So I dropped my phone..."
You had me at "hello" .........I mean uhhhhh...ummmmm....damn it!!! Probably you --> :various1: <-- defientely me :mwaha:
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/