I've been accused of theft on turbo-mopar.com

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

I've been accused of theft on turbo-mopar.com

Post by dr.occa »

If you feel lead to register just to respond or help defend me I'm asking you please not to do so. I'm handling it as best as I can but I wanted to share the situation that your Admin is involved in. If you're ever asked about me just tell them the truth even if it's not favorable on my behalf. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showt ... ible-buyer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

So if you ever see a small turbo found on GM Turbo I models (and other models) in my possession I invite you to ask me freely.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Re: I've been accused of theft on turbo-mopar.com

Post by ga_goosh »

sounds like the dude is butt hurt because he doesnt have viable proof. that just goes to show you...get confirmation on ALL shippments. paypal only needs a tracking number to make a and if he had spent the 80 cents then none of this would have escalated to the level it went to. I hope it all works out for you and the seller but in reality and my past experience with USPS i would assume it is gone never to be found
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I hope so too Sean. My experience with USPS too. I had an envelope show up one day out of the blue like several months later. It was the original letter I mailed off or something and it was shredded and returned to me in a plastic bag.

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

It sounds like you have things well in hand.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

Sucks to be in that position Jonas...I'm actually sorta in the same position. Bought a WRX AC Compressor a few weeks back, and nadda...i keep getting the run around from the seller. I'm gonna open up a dispute Thursday if i don't see anything by then.

Good Luck!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

GamblerZ wrote:It sounds like you have things well in hand.
Hopefully so. Hey Peter, I'm going to pm you here in a bit about your harness situation.
mandm177 wrote:Sucks to be in that position Jonas...I'm actually sorta in the same position. Bought a WRX AC Compressor a few weeks back, and nadda...i keep getting the run around from the seller. I'm gonna open up a dispute Thursday if i don't see anything by then.

Good Luck!
So you know what it's like Mark. Hopefully your situation won't turn into this drama fest.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

that "proof" of a reciept is a complete and utter joke... almost looks like he stole a blank receipt and filled it out. No address, No names (minus the scribble sig), no other information besides the price. I do know that it is not looking for that guy, but I know if you get another turbo.... you better have the documents to support where you bought it...just sayin. The other guy still has yet to provide the delivery confirmation.... but I do know I would leave this forum in a heartbeat if the admin stole shit. I would be gone quick as shit, and all the stickers/magazine stuff would be completely gone as well. I (as you stated) do not want to be associated with anything regarding theft.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

86boy wrote:that "proof" of a reciept is a complete and utter joke... almost looks like he stole a blank receipt and filled it out. No address, No names (minus the scribble sig), no other information besides the price. I do know that it is not looking for that guy, but I know if you get another turbo.... you better have the documents to support where you bought it...just sayin. The other guy still has yet to provide the delivery confirmation.... but I do know I would leave this forum in a heartbeat if the admin stole shit. I would be gone quick as shit, and all the stickers/magazine stuff would be completely gone as well. I (as you stated) do not want to be associated with anything regarding theft.
:shock: Dude, I better stay on the straight and narrow then if I want to continue our love affair. ;)

86boy

Post by 86boy »

dr.occa wrote:
86boy wrote:that "proof" of a reciept is a complete and utter joke... almost looks like he stole a blank receipt and filled it out. No address, No names (minus the scribble sig), no other information besides the price. I do know that it is not looking for that guy, but I know if you get another turbo.... you better have the documents to support where you bought it...just sayin. The other guy still has yet to provide the delivery confirmation.... but I do know I would leave this forum in a heartbeat if the admin stole shit. I would be gone quick as shit, and all the stickers/magazine stuff would be completely gone as well. I (as you stated) do not want to be associated with anything regarding theft.
:shock: Dude, I better stay on the straight and narrow then if I want to continue our love affair. ;)

you are got damn right sir! hahaha Brutal I know. I hate disputes like those. Also that whole thread is hella sketchy due to the fact he STILL hasn't provided the "delivery confirmation" that it showed up if he shipped it. Kick his ass nick-eh (from some movie).

You'll have to fight McKenney for the true love affair sir....hahahaha
Last edited by 86boy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

It cracks me up that he doesn't want to provide the tracking number lol guess he didnt send it.. what a douche....

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

joel26 wrote:It cracks me up that he doesn't want to provide the tracking number lol guess he didnt send it.. what a douche....
the dude didnt get a track# or the dispute would have been over when he provided that info to paypal. he is just upset cuz now he is out 90 bux can you blame him tho?
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

If stupidity would hurt, some people would be screaming from pain...all...day...long!!!
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

The guy allegedly selling the turbo should have gotten the tracking number and this whole fiasco would have been over long time ago... Hopefully he learns to spend .75 cent.. Its better safe than sorry....

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

ga_goosh wrote: the dude didnt get a track# or the dispute would have been over when he provided that info to paypal...
joel26 wrote:The guy allegedly selling the turbo should have gotten the tracking number and this whole fiasco would have been over long time ago... Hopefully he learns to spend .75 cent.. Its better safe than sorry....
I agree 100% with both of these statements. In fact, if he had cared enough to properly ship and track it and then provided me with the tracking info instead of ignoring all of my requests I wouldn't have even opened a dispute. The own-ness would have been on the delivery service then.

ga_goosh wrote:...he is just upset cuz now he is out 90 bux can you blame him tho?
If you can't blame him for losing out on $90 you sure can't blame me for not wanting to lose it either.

bt20v

Post by bt20v »

what a twat prolly a 18-19 year old kid...I can understand his frustration but he should have put a tracking number on the package. Cheap insurance.
Being a toyotaphile is hard work

1987 GTS Coupe
1985 Toyota 4 Runner Locked and Lifted
1995 4 Runner(sold)
1991 Hilux(never should have sold)
1985 Hilux(wrecked)
1985 GTS Hatch(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)