i dont like poilice men

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: i dont like poilice men

Post by mooreofit »

GamblerZ wrote:I am going to let that "gestapo" comment slide, particularly since you wouldn't know that my entire family comes from Germany after surviving World War II and Nazi Germany. To compare your encounter with your local constable to the misguided dealings of the Gestapo is ludicrous at best and I won't even indulge such a juvenile off-handed comparison.

FACT: You got pulled over for an expired registration.

FACT: You had no driver's license (nor any other form of ID for that matter)

FACT: You had no insurance

FACT: The car you were driving was not registered in your name

These things were no one's fault but your own. What did you expect the officer to do? Let you go on your merry way?

Also, if you feel that driving is your "right", then why did you get a driver's license? why do you register your car? Why do you get insurance?

You admittedly said you spent the money intended for registration fees on parts instead. Frankly, you were derelict in your responsibilities as a citizen and taxpayer. By all rights, from your own ramblings above, you forfeited your "right" to drive because the car you were driving was in fact...

...wait for it...

...an "illegal".

ummm. my grandmother on my mothers side is german immigrated in the 30's during the depression.most of her family went through both wars in germany.her name was remona bogner.my grandfather was a slovac even though those are bordering countries they meet before WWII in croften nebraska his name was valastamil k maule but went by bill or vk.his brother was killed on the u.s.s. oklahoma during pearl harbor and joined the army very shortly there after to get as many japs as possible.then he landed on omaha beach.... anywho these people tought me alot about freedom and how easily things can change especially around hype.so i do not throw around the word gestapo lightly.it is what it is.the gov. slowly is tightening the grip.taking more and more freedom as time goes by.the last time it was for the sake of security.and i quote a great patriot and a true american."Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"- Benjamin Franklyn.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

Manifesto wrote: i dont see how its imperative that a project car have its registration/ insurance up to date.
Its not Imperative as long as it stays on YOUR property, once you hit the streets its all public. Even if its just "around the block and back" you still dont know if the "project car" can stop at the stop sign and then t-bone some soccer mom. THEN you are really F***ed cause its 2012 and you're damn right they will sue. They [police] are more worried about safety of the public, meaning if its you they are question or the safety of your big hunk of metal traveling at 40mph they will look into it. That IS what we pay them for. I go through the hoops of fire at the dmv to keep my car legal and let me tell you its a great feeling when you're clean. Best example happened to me last night, I was driving home last night at liek 1am and the cop that was at the same intersection making a right cut across to make a left and tail my ass into my own neighborhood. After he typed all my info into his computer he just turned and left. This happens to me a lot but I aint got no worry :D
I like cars, food, and puppies.

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

JDMwhiteboy wrote:
Manifesto wrote: i dont see how its imperative that a project car have its registration/ insurance up to date.
Its not Imperative as long as it stays on YOUR property, once you hit the streets its all public. Even if its just "around the block and back" you still dont know if the "project car" can stop at the stop sign and then t-bone some soccer mom. THEN you are really F***ed cause its 2012 and you're damn right they will sue. They [police] are more worried about safety of the public, meaning if its you they are question or the safety of your big hunk of metal traveling at 40mph they will look into it. That IS what we pay them for. I go through the hoops of fire at the dmv to keep my car legal and let me tell you its a great feeling when you're clean. Best example happened to me last night, I was driving home last night at liek 1am and the cop that was at the same intersection making a right cut across to make a left and tail my ass into my own neighborhood. After he typed all my info into his computer he just turned and left. This happens to me a lot but I aint got no worry :D

+100 you get what you ask for
http://facebook.com/86levin

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

JDMwhiteboy wrote:... After he typed all my info into his computer he just turned and left. This happens to me a lot but I aint got no worry :D
Same here. No worries even with my loud rotary rolla.

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

JDMwhiteboy wrote:you still dont know if the "project car" can stop at the stop sign and then t-bone some soccer mom.
i get what youre trying to express, i just dont believe in it.
i do my own wrenching, i know whats broken and whats not. safety isnt the issue here... $80 gets a lot of ppl stickers. the state inspection system is a joke with regard to safety.
this has been a three year restoration, and the entire premise of being taxed simply for owning a car disgusts me. that is the essence of paying registration taxes.

as a small tangent, i hate having to pay additional property taxes on my work trucks because theyre commercial vehicles. at the end of the day, all of this is about money. money that the city doesnt know how to use efficiently. public safety, etc is a distant second thought.
dr.occa wrote:
JDMwhiteboy wrote:... After he typed all my info into his computer he just turned and left. This happens to me a lot but I aint got no worry :D
Same here. No worries even with my loud rotary rolla.
i was actually pulled over again last night. this time for speeding.
i forgot my wallet AGAIN!!!!! why cant i keep that f-bombing thing in my pockets.
anyway, i talked my way out of everything and he let me be on my merry way.

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

Manifesto wrote: f-bombing
trolol

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Manifesto wrote:
Manifesto wrote: f-bombing
trolol