epic day...

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

epic day...

Post by 86boy »

Sooo my department has an asshole director. He says one thing or has us do something, and then he finds out it's wrong or it didn't work.... it then changes to "I didn't tell them to do that" orrrr it's our fault. people have been fired over the stupidest crap due to his ass. I've actually been "wrote up" at work because he asked my opinon, and I gave it to him. He didn't like it, and then started yelling and I told him this isn't worth losing my job over. I shut up and he continued... the story the next day was I was yelling at him, and wouldn't quit. On my "write up" it said I address him as "the director" instead of using his name. *facepalm* when I stated "As the director" AS AS was in there! Anyways.. Today is his last day, and people that were fired or quit (which is roughly 45% of our department) has dropped off balloons, food, cards, etc saying congrats and all that jazz. He doesn't know who dropped this stuff off, and he thinks its for him... I gladly got the privledge to tell him it's not for you, and it's not for your new "job"... it's because you are leaving, and this was dropped off by people that you got fired or forced them to quit. His face was priceless! Funny how 1 month ago right before he announced he was leaving everyone hated this place and dreaded coming into work. Now... people are joking and laughing. It's been a good day so far, and will be even better next week we hope anyways. We have an interum director so we'll see how this guy plays in this department for the few months he's here. :snicker:
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: epic day...

Post by dr.occa »

That's what happens when you decide that people are just stepping stones to advance yourself in some shape or form in whichever circumstances you find yourself.

The steps always lead you to a lonely place - all the steps you left behind aren't sticking around to be stepped on anymore.

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

I hope he has learned his lesson...that what goes around, comes around.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

wow well glad things are going to lighten up over there man
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Yes I am as well... today was SUPER chill. No one was stressed out or walking on glass all damn day. Twas quite nice. Hope tomorrow the same way lol
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

Congrats bro beans.
I dont really know what ots like to have an asshole boss, but im happy youre able to enjoy your work now...
From my exp, middle managment is full of asshole like that until they figure you arent going to be their little bitch. Im curious, what became of him, was he promoted or something?

Stay classy man.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

he didn't tell anyone where he was going... just the fact that he accepted a job elsewhere. I'm pretty sure he was forced to resign. there was a couple doctors that went and complained, and if any of you have worked in a non-profit hospital you know the docs get what they want. Since well they bring in the money to the hospital. I really hope he didn't have another job lined up because that 80-90k a year he was probably getting was too much for the shit he did... which was next to nothing.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

Chances are probably good that he may have been asked to leave given that no one seemed to like him very much. He was just saying he was going some place else to save face.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

86boy

Post by 86boy »

GamblerZ wrote:Chances are probably good that he may have been asked to leave given that no one seemed to like him very much. He was just saying he was going some place else to save face.

true. lol who knows... all I know is work is a lot more chill now that he's gone. People are not high strung like they were. :various3:
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/