hmmm.... seems quiet around these parts

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

mcote
Tourist

hmmm.... seems quiet around these parts

Post by mcote »

so, in about a month(ish) i traverser off to the great state of texas on an epic road journey for a job.

i'm going to start in the corpus christi area and work my way east around the gulf (commercial diving)

if anyone is interested in saying hello(i will be traveling with a friend) for a beer or such along the way i'd be glad to have a local maybe show me a good place.

i'll update as i get closer, but thought i'd check in back here its been a while.

edit, i'll be driving from WA and be entering Texas from the direction of Albuquerque NM

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: hmmm.... seems quiet around these parts

Post by dr.occa »

mcote, keep us updated here. We'll get some 86garage folks together for some eat & mead at the Petrol Station or The Fox & Hound when you come to Houston. Hope you're successful in getting work.

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

If you are going through Albuquerque, then will you be traveling through Lubbock? While I am probably not as young as most here on the site, feel free to drop me a line and we can meet for lunch on your way through.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

mcote
Tourist

Post by mcote »

a bit of an update!

i think the plan is to leave YAKIMA(asshole of washington) the 8th of october(give or take)

depending on what national parks and sights we ultimately decide to see depends on when we will be down there.

i have decided to sell my subergay shitbucket before i leave, so i'll be in the market for a cheap (prefer toyota) vehicle, i wouldnt mind a TE or (ugh) an X7 or a ma61(:D) in the roughly 1000/1500ish range....... sooo keep an eye out maybe? Also, i have applied to 5 companies in houston.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Hopefully you'll land a promising interview at one of those 5 companies here in HOU mcote.

What line of work are you in?

mcote
Tourist

Post by mcote »

Commercial diving. Hoping to be out on those oil rigs making the big baller dollars. Lol. But seriously I just need a job right now.

mcote
Tourist

Post by mcote »

Well a bit of an update. I'm sitting in the airport waiting to fly to Dallas, then to Lafayette LA. I got a job offer with a company yesterday and they want me there on Friday. Yay me. Bummed I won't see the state of Texas. But ill be kick in round them parts for a while so maybe I'll sneak over for a drift event.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Hey, congratulations on the new job while I'm sorry you have to move from familiar faces and haunts.

Come to The Final Round of the 2012 Lone Star Drift Series.

mcote
Tourist

Post by mcote »

well there seems to be an extreme shortage of anything from the 80's around these parts. i've found 1 mr2, and one ford truck and one chevy truck. this is very depresing. i need a vehicle........ :/ and i realize i want another ma61......

am i completely SOL down here lookin for something like that?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

You may have to pay BR a visit if that's the case. NO is too far unless you have a weekend to spare.

mcote
Tourist

Post by mcote »

there's a couple mk2's over there in houston for sale on CL, but thats way too far. i'm breaking down and going by a couple used car lots tomorrow for a look see.

might have to pop over that way for the lonestar drift event. it looks like NODRFT doesnt have anything planned any time soon.