The generosity of the 86 Garage Community

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

The generosity of the 86 Garage Community

Post by dr.occa »

I'd like to recognize and say thank you to all of the members of our community who generously pitched in to give a fellow member and 86 co-heart Chris Lee a.k.a. slideshow240 a great gift. They were a pair of Zenki Levin headlights and at the diaper bash his brother (Rob Lee a.k.a. CBR_TOY) threw for him, Chris had the biggest smile. It was the first time I've seen ALL of the whites of his eyes. Ha ha! To say he was pleasantly surprised is an understatement and was really grateful.

I'd like to say who exactly they were but I think they'd be embarrassed (in a good way) and wouldn't want to call attention to themselves. Also, I don't want to advertise their names to potential sales people or the countless numbers of "charities" who might get wind of their giving nature. I did tell Chris who you were (I made a list on my phone to make sure too). Not everyone could and that's ok. We all have our own different circumstances. That's the nature of gifts. You give them when you can and when you want to bring joy into the lives of others.

Anyway, y'all are a great bunch. This is the 2nd time our community has done this. I hope we continue to do so for one another not just in times of plenty but also in times of need.

Though the recent gift wasn't for me, it still brought joy to my life to witness it. Thanks again y'all.

Jonas

Manifesto

Re: The generosity of the 86 Garage Community

Post by Manifesto »

thats a great story bro. need more awesome ppl like that

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

its always good to know there is ppl that have your back or will help out when needed even if its the unknown santa.
http://facebook.com/86levin

86boy

Post by 86boy »

that's awesome!
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

Jonas, it warms my heart to hear about this story. Too often we are inundated with news in the media that does nothing to lift our spirits. One of the reasons I frequent this forum (along with the two that I own), is the community spirit here is exceptional. There are lots of forums out there for people to visit, but too many are like walking down a dark alley where you can jumped any moment for just looking the wrong way. The people here at 86Garage are a cut above and seem to go out of their way to help others. Please share more of these stories with us as they come to light. 86Garage does it right!
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

GamblerZ, thanks for the words of affirmation.

There are generous and charitable people at 86 Garage. I'm honored to be surrounded by them.