A nifty road

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Bunta's86
Tourist

A nifty road

Post by Bunta's86 »

Hey everyone so I live in the Webster area south 45, but what I've been looking at is this road under the new Nasa road 1 by pass.
It's a freaking hair pen turn it's really exciting, although my girlfriend is the only one with a car and it's a 92 Buick automatic at that.
But everything works out perfect for us, pretty much what I was getting at is I know of some pretty decent areas to go and "Drift" but they are those, go at the right time, kind of places.

I was thinking of taking some pictures of the area, but the only downside of the area is the road is perfectly fine. But the run way and like road before the corner itself is all rocky and everything. I want to take some money out of my pocket (when i can....) and build a road to finish it all! It'd be perfect for us!

If anyone has the time or is in the area of Webster give me a ring and I'll show you the road. It's not like I do anything around here anyway.

Bunta's86
Tourist

Re: A nifty road

Post by Bunta's86 »

Bingo I've been trying to find a way to get a good picture of this road, believe it or not I have no camera so I decided google maps is my friend :tehehe: http://www.google.com/mapmaker?ll=29.53 ... 8736289283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

looks good u get drifting and rally in one :) it has some dirt road on there or is it all paved i cant quite make it out :) but looks like a nice find man....

Bunta's86
Tourist

Post by Bunta's86 »

joel26 wrote:looks good u get drifting and rally in one :) it has some dirt road on there or is it all paved i cant quite make it out :) but looks like a nice find man....
yeah man it's pretty harsh over there, well if you come off of nasa road one its a paved road until you get to this gate that is normally open and about from there all the way to the road it's like just dirt rockyish road and from high way 3 there is another road i drive down here and there but its all dirt and humps... It's crazy when I drive my girlfriend's 92 Buick around because I'm always drifting it and she is like you're actually not bad at this lol. I know alot of fairly decent areas around where I live and I just have a nice eye for picking spots out.

I need a car and friends (you guys) lol I want to go to a event or a car meet...

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

March 17th (this coming Saturday) at Gulf Greyhound Park. Show up at 10am. Round 1 Lonestar Bash Drift Competition.

Bunta's86
Tourist

Post by Bunta's86 »

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1TSNF ... d=0CA8Q_BI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whoa I should have seen this coming... I am totally going to come and check this out, around what time does the event start and how long does it last? Plus I'm not drifting our car, poor 92 Buick would not last a second... But it would be funny to be out there in a automatic next to everyone drifting :hahaha:

Bunta's86
Tourist

Post by Bunta's86 »

dr.occa wrote:March 17th (this coming Saturday) at Gulf Greyhound Park. Show up at 10am. Round 1 Lonestar Bash Drift Competition.
I can't wait, my body is itching for drifting... I want to watch, but not only do I want to get out there and show that anyone can do this!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Not just "anyone" can do this. It takes a certain type to be out there actually doing it.

Bunta's86
Tourist

Post by Bunta's86 »

Really? So are we just like the special people that don't bump our gums? So we are the ones that go out there unprepared, tired as hell, and not even ready but still come out on top? Haha okay maybe I'm bumping my gums but I think you're right it takes special talent and skills let alone know how, in controlling cars with mad g forces like that at high speeds.
I want to just go for it.... Enough wasting time, I was doing this at 14 joy riding my mothers car ( that's probably why I was told to leave..) but practice for 5 years of my life and now this moment to show what I've got. Well any moment that comes up.

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

i think anyone can do it... if they really want to. i learned how to drift because of rally. it was just another techniques to control a car through a turn. then in the early 2Ks it gained a cult following which i participated in. now its HUGE. point is, im not the most likely suspect to go drifting

put in the seat time, anything is possible

Bunta's86
Tourist

Post by Bunta's86 »

See yeah like I said, I learned by joy riding my mothers' car at the age of 14... Not the best advice, but like they say start em while their young!

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

I didn't really get good at driving until abt 5years ago. I became a vendor... I have to drive a lot. Driving big trucks gives you much technique

Bunta's86
Tourist

Post by Bunta's86 »

Manifesto wrote:I didn't really get good at driving until abt 5years ago. I became a vendor... I have to drive a lot. Driving big trucks gives you much technique
Yeah I'm actually from Shepard area like North 59 before Livingston, my uncle works for his father as a ranch hand and used to bring trucks with trailers full of hay and tell us to park it in the barn. I can't tell you how many barns I've torn down.....