selling before i get there...

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Scooter979
Tourist

Re: selling before i get there...

Post by Scooter979 »

Sad man I finally got one and the guy said he would be at a location by 5 so I showed up by 415 and sat there waiting and waiting and well he gets there by 6 and let me say it was worth every second of the wait but so many where calling when I was test driving that I bought it right then and there

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

I'm tired of waiting... at the same time, I'm trying to be frugal, because I'm not foolish enough to spend my entire stack of cash on one part...

Recently I was going to buy a 20v swapped car for 2600usd. Some of you may know the one. Well dude backed out, and recently I've seen another one online for 4k. I suspect its the same one, but who knows... all I know is that I'm filled with dissapointment.

Saturday I'm heading to San Antonio for a block, presumably from a blue top. I'm just patching together my tired ass 4ac again until I can figure out what kind of swap I truely want.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

see my problem I have up here is...

"I don't want to ship the items." seriously... then read down further and the person is in another country "SOLD!"

WTF!

or when I work a deal out with someone and then they don't want to ship it as they've had a change of mind.... makes for getting parts VERY difficult and frustrating. at least you had a little drive instead of staring at a computer screen repeating the same key press over and over... F5..... F5...............F5.........................F5

def. gets old fast. Escpecially when they say "oh give me 30 min and i'll get back to you" 2 days later "oh heyyyyy!!!"

So similiar concept... only I don't get out. lol
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

Scooter979
Tourist

Post by Scooter979 »

Be persistent is I can say that's what I do 30 min my but all call you in 30 min and if you don't answer all call till the person picks up I'm not going to lose something do to that crap

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

86boy wrote:...you had a little drive...
Personally, I don't think that 6 hours is a little trip. Also, it takes a tremendous amt of planning on my end to get something like this accomplished because I work every day. But i did, in fact, get this done. I just think that as often as all of us go through this BS, sellers would be more considerate.

Like that 20v on Cl. That guy punked out because he wanted more money. That's his prerogative, but don't lie or make excuses, say shit like "I'll get back to you" and leave a guy hanging.

I have never done any of these things to someone before, and I've sold my share of cars/parts. I wish more people were willing to ship. Especially considering how easy it is to do... it isn't even that expensive all things considered.

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

Scooter979 wrote:Be persistent...
And patient. My corolla has been sitting for over a year. Not for the first time either