Shameless out-n-out Theft!

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Shameless out-n-out Theft!

Post by dr.occa »

I was just in Advanced Auto Parts picking up some gasket material and I watched 3 hispanic guys where one of them grabbed an Edelbrock intake manifold out of the box and plastic and another undid his belt to stock the manifold in his pants and under his shirt. I knew they were going to head out the door via the back aisle so I informed the clerks before they walked out. They said their hands were tied and couldn't do anything about or they'd get fired.

That's total bullshit! Those friggin' garbage pails of shit thieves! Advanced AP is afraid of getting sued so they just add it to their losses and later prices go up! FUUUUUUUUUHHHH!

They drove off in a white 4dr geo metro with paper plates starting with 690...
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Re: Shameless out-n-out Theft!

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

Dude I hate that this is the new policy with so many stores now. If i'm a customer and I see this I dont care I will throw that guy on the ground!
I like cars, food, and puppies.

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Yeah that's how they were in auto zone when i used to work there u have to let them go and not try an be a hero cause u just never know... and you would get fired if u tried and hero stuff...

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

joel26 wrote:Yeah that's how they were in auto zone when i used to work there u have to let them go and not try an be a hero cause u just never know... and you would get fired if u tried and hero stuff...
Holy shnikeys man! That sort of policy just emboldens the thieves and reinforces their immoral decisions as well as proliferates through the employees and the public at large a blase attitude towards criminal behavior. Can't be good for employee morale and passes the loss on to paying customers!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Yeah but i was surprised to find out that what people took (stole) didn't amount to half some of the managers working there took... No joke when i was working at auto zone two managers got fired and charged for loving things that were not theirs...lol Stealing and big time...

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

joel26 wrote:...two managers got fired and charged for loving things that were not theirs...
LOL at "loving things"

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

lol it sounds better in spanish but they took a lot stuff that didn't belong to them..... and what help at that store was that costumers would get the license plates on the cars so most of the people who stole and they got caught....

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

joel26 wrote:... and what help at that store was that costumers would get the license plates on the cars so most of the people who stole and they got caught....
Sweeeeeeet!

I tried getting the license plate of the perps' car but it was a paper temp license and most likely not traceable.

GTSRolla34

Post by GTSRolla34 »

They probably stole the paper plate too.

taki
Tourist

Post by taki »

sounds like an inside job!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Nah, it was just blatant out in the open, bold as crapping in public theft. I hope the car it goes on blowdid up.

Dorikun

Post by Dorikun »

dr.occa wrote:Nah, it was just blatant out in the open, bold as crapping in public theft. I hope the car it goes on blowdid up.
RFLMAO @ "Blowdid up."
I was thinking they thought it was NOZ? Ooo wait... a "boost"? Man, why not just steal the 18 wheeler of manifolds? I dunno LOL

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

When I was at O'Reilly auto parts, I stopped a thief by locking the door when he wasn't looking and letting him eat it when trying to run out of it. He tried to run out with an Optima Yellow Top. After he faceplanted the door, he dropped the battery and ran thru the back of the store and out the back door due to me refusing to open the front one. They(O'reillys corporate) wrote me up, put it on my permanent file, and informed me they were zero tolerance and would terminate me if it were to happen again. My rebuttal was "if you wanna let parts walk out the door, and refuse to back up your employees in stopping these kinds of incidents, then don't bitch at me when your parts go missing". I stopped 6 or 7 shoplifters over the 5+ years I was there. They never said anything the other times!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

McKenney wrote:When I was at O'Reilly auto parts, I stopped a thief by locking the door when he wasn't looking and letting him eat it when trying to run out of it. He tried to run out with an Optima Yellow Top. After he faceplanted the door, he dropped the battery and ran thru the back of the store and out the back door due to me refusing to open the front one. They(O'reillys corporate) wrote me up, put it on my permanent file, and informed me they were zero tolerance and would terminate me if it were to happen again. My rebuttal was "if you wanna let parts walk out the door, and refuse to back up your employees in stopping these kinds of incidents, then don't bitch at me when your parts go missing". I stopped 6 or 7 shoplifters over the 5+ years I was there. They never said anything the other times!
You the man.

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Yeah that suck mckenney.. When i was working at auto zone they told us the same thing don't try to be a hero, but they do like to complain when the parts go missing.. So, one feels like doing the right thing does not work to good with the some of the auto parts stores...