Describe Who You Are

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ESKAY
Tourist

Describe Who You Are

Post by ESKAY »

Deleted
Last edited by ESKAY on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
はち ろく だとう!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Describe Who You Are

Post by dr.occa »

That's really heavy Alsa. I'm sorry that you've gone through such things at such a young age. No one should go through that at ANY age. Good to know you're alive.

To touch on other observations you made: what gives you the impression that "86G doesn't like teenagers..."?

If there are problems that appear on our boards involving any teenage members, it may be more due to behavior, attitude i.e. their actions and not necessarily because of just their date of birth though age usually has a bearing on maturity. Not ALWAYS the case but it's the norm.

Interest in any field in any family lineage has to start somewhere and it looks like automotive interest is starting with you in yours.

What piqued your interests in the AE86 chassis?

ESKAY
Tourist

Post by ESKAY »

As dissapointing as this may sound, I was playing NFSU2, and there was this one race, I was driving an R34, and the AI had an 86 GT-S. It was uphill, and the 86 beat the shit out of my R34, especially on this one turn. As we all know the R34 understeers like a bitch, and the 86 could take a certain corner at 98 while I was doing it at like 50. So then I replayed the whole game with an 86, it was insanity. I'd never known such handling existed. Now when I do downhill drift I don't even touch the E Brake. All you need is 3 pedals. Also, about the teenagers, I mean the shitfaced ones. I can't stand them either, but I wanted to clarify that I wasn't one of them.
はち ろく だとう!

ESKAY
Tourist

Post by ESKAY »

Anyway, describe yourself, unless you don't want to.
はち ろく だとう!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

One of the oldest guys on this forum. Usually pretty busy doing this or that or both. I try to help when I can but being a family man, family comes first.

From experience, how I describe myself may differ greatly from others' experiences with me so for me, you can come up with your own description and impressions of me when we meet so that means you have to come to 86 day in Austin man. :action9:

ESKAY
Tourist

Post by ESKAY »

It'll have to wait till next year. :/
はち ろく だとう!

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Sorry to hear about what happened to you... I was no teen when i first like the 86 man i tell a damn cartoon (initial d ) got me hooked on it and i loved it ever since....
I am also an easy going guy i don't talk much but i listen to people and can figure them out pretty quick but other than that i think i am an ok guy :mrgreen:

ESKAY
Tourist

Post by ESKAY »

Well I watched Initial D as well. I loved it. But, sort of feeling the 86 even if it wasn't real, is what got me. That and Fujiwara's insanity drift. It's funny though, my Japanese teacher's husband works for Toyota, before I liked them, she'd always tell me Toyota's good, and I was like, NAH. It's funny, it's like fated or something. ^.^
はち ろく だとう!

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

I went through childhood abuse too man. Psycho stepmother beat me on a daily basis, then I got bigger than her! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm a 30 year old motorhead that's been building cars for 21 years. I've delved into all sorts of cars, Camaro, Mustang, Grand National, RX7, Skyline, 240SX, S10, Toyota trucks, AE86, TE72, Supra, all of it('cept for German cars). I worked in race shops building LS1 cars and Mustangs. I've driven(and owned) 9 second drag cars, SCCA cars that'd pull 1.5g's thru a turn without batting an eye. I love my 86 more than any of them. The only thing it's lacking in is power, but the power it has is nice for the car and well balanced. I'm married with 2 kids. I work too much, I sleep too little, I play hard, and I live well enough.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I like McKenney.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

dr.occa wrote:I like McKenney.
lol

ESKAY
Tourist

Post by ESKAY »

Wow, yeah theres too many out there who seriously should be tested before they have kids, or are aloowed to be near them. I don't want to sound like an ass trying to best you in stories, but onetime my mom beat me with an iron rod.

Anyway, the only car I own isn't exactly fast, or powerful, or nice, or reliable (except now it is), or built well, or safe, I can keep going lol, but I'll stop.

It's nice to know you're not alone when it comes to abuse, but at the same time you know it's even worse that someone else went through all that also.

I hope though, I get to be successful enough to have a RELIABLE 86. One that kicks the shit out of loads of cars
and be a DD at the same time.

I realize this isn't exactly a response, but I want to say it anyway, and that it's good to hear that, you became so successful after all the crap you went and idk maybe still go through
はち ろく だとう!

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

I haven't had anyone lay their hands on me in ten years... I won't stand for it now.

ESKAY
Tourist

Post by ESKAY »

I used to get bullied before my mom did that, (I refer to it as "that") and then the month afterwards nobody gave me shit anymore it was funny. But I used to be like a puss, now it's like: you screw with me, I'll screw your head. XD it's hilarious though because I'm so skinny, but pure muscle, I've yet to break 120lbs.
はち ろく だとう!

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

I got 100lbs on ya