Describe Who You Are

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

ESKAY
Tourist

Re: Describe Who You Are

Post by ESKAY »

lol XD
はち ろく だとう!

outlaw88
Tourist

Post by outlaw88 »

i did not go thought a any abuse other than the usal bullies in school butnow the all drive crap cars have children or are in jail so.... i win. Ever since i could remember i help my dad abd granpa work on trucks. forklifts and 18 wheelers when i goi in to high school i went into auto tech the instrutor was the best ase certified and had been into street racing since the late 60's building cars for other racers as well. my senior year i got a jeep and those started a money pit. after graduation i went to UTI and countined my automotive education. i worked mainly in the auto parts business after market and dealerships. that jeep money pit is still open to this day. now it has a bullet proof drivetrain and 46 inch tires i got a new money pit 1986 ae86 with a 4ac i drove it for 30 min and then the connecting rod made a break for it it didnt get for and neither did the corrola, found a 4age in houston and am still putting it together
PSN outlaw214145

mcote
Tourist

Post by mcote »

started off as a little kid loving cars, dont know where it came from, but i'm adopted(led to a strange and detatched childhood) grew up the black sheep of the family, i'm the first (and only one) with a tattoo, first male to peirce anything, only one to drop out of high school, actually transfered schools when i was younger due to bullying. school wouldn't do anything about it.

always been obsessed with speed and adrenaline, started skiing when i was 3 years old, snowboarding when i was 11, wakeboarding, skateboarding, bmx, paintball, then i turned 16, broke 100mph the first day i had my license (like 2 hours after leaving the dmv) my first car was a 66 mustang. my dad and i restored it got the hand me down honda accord traded it out for a VW GTi VR6 (fail wheel drive, but i'd own another one, thing was stupid fast for a 16 yr old) saw my first ae88 at an autocross a couple month after my 17th birthday, zenki coupe, stripped out, hi comp redtop, knew i wanted one. had never heard of a corolla being cool, or initial d, bought my first one a year later. that was 2008, now i've bought one every year for three years.

ESKAY
Tourist

Post by ESKAY »

@Outlaw88 yeah I know that, it's those jerk bullies who end up in bad positions later on. My dad wasn't a mechanic or anything, but he had friends that would tell me Antifreeze was medicine for cars. But as I got older I'd start watching SPIKE on saturday mornings lol. Hella better than Spongebob.

@Mcote I'm the only one in my family to have turned out the way I did. Metal head, pissed off, rage loving, adrenaline junkie. I never got to do any of those cool things, but after what my mom did, I had the biggest rush of my life. It was far from enjoyable, but I felt strong and I loved that feeling. I was into cars for as long as I can remember, I was that kid who watched Speed Racer re-runs, some show called Big Garage (Kinda like Cars but crap) and anything else. Only had Hotwheels and Matchbox growing up, it was bound to happen. All I would do is scoot them across the floor all day.
はち ろく だとう!

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Interesting stuff you find out about people isn't it? I wasn't adopted (from what I know) but I was the black sheep of the family as well.... I was into all sorts of stuff growing up. More than I really wanna talk about haha. Started learning how to repair cars when I was 11-12 years old. Got introduced to my first wrench then. Then I hit a point instead of helping my gpa he was helping me (handing me the tools etc) haha. I have 1 cousin that is into cars and works on his own stuff, but the rest of the family takes it somewhere or tries to con me or my cousin into it. I worked at a repair shop going to college for computer stuff learned the necessity of "Torque Specs" real quick. To me i don't really care if your 14 or 75 if you are chill and we can get along and you wanna learn... I'm all for helping/teaching/learning. I'm quickly learning how to do body work due to a little dori accident. I talk to much sometimes as well. Just like this, and this is only about cars. I generally don't respond to these threads because I never stop typing.... just watch...

I play a lot of video games, mainly because I grew up out in the middle of nowhere. My mom left my dad when I was pretty young, and he didn't want anything to do with me until he heard I was actually making something of my life... I then proceeded to tell him to fack off (pardon my french), and then he blamed me and my mom for everything so I walked away. I've learned quite a bit about life, and observing people... school I went to I was an outcast because I sucked at sports, and was into computers. Got made fun of quite a bit, and my junior year... my life changed. I didn't care about anything or anyone. Adventually came back down off that high horse.... although I kinda miss those days sometimes hahahaha. Hated life mainly because I was isolated from everything and everyone at home in school.... really sucked. My mom and I never got along. We would talk for about 2 minutes then it was an all out war every damn night. Grad. High school (somehow idk...) and moved out that day, and moved in with my gma. Since then I've kinda been doing my own thing, and it's nice. REALLY nice.

I also was the first person to go to college and get a degree in my family as well. I'm quite thankful my gma kept pokin and prod'n about it. Now I make good money, and can play with my car. Everyone goes through different shit growing up it's pretty crazy. Like the OP..... getting stabbed...shit's crazy.

There's a kid up here that just turned 16 and is all about learning and not just having someone do it for him. A few friends and me help him out quite a bit. Also the fact taht I'm 25 (as of yesterday damn it...) and most of the people I hang out with are 29-35.... So don't get anything about the age stuff in your head. Generally as long you're chill and not a "Mr. know ever-damn-thing in the book about everything" person most people are chill with you. haha.

Anyways...now that I've typed up a lot of useless info about myself and other crap that probably doesn't pertain to the topic I'm going to hit Submit.... before I keep typing......and typing..... Oh and I didn't/am not proof reading this either. haha I'll just make it longer if I do.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

I'm with Chris(86boy), my parents split up when I was 5. My dad remarried a woman that emotionally, physically, and mentally abused me. I was beaten, kicked, punched, forced to eat things a dog wouldn't, forced to sit in the sun for 6 hours straight on the beach(got a second degree sunburn), told I was worthless and hated, etc. I went to Catholic school and was thrown out. Hence the early onset of my search for religion that ultimately ended with me being an Atheist. Cars started for me about age 9 because it was something I could do with my dad where the aforementioned stepmother didn't interfere. I also started playing guitar around this time, mainly because I enjoyed the solace. Those are the two things(aside from a very strong will) that have kept me sober. I've beat a cocaine addiction, had 6 friends die in my arms, 1 commit suicide in my house, in my room, with my gun. I spent 6 months sleeping under a bridge. There was a point in my life I didn't know or care if I woke up the next day. I spent the first ten years of my life wondering what I did wrong. Then I spent the next ten blaming myself for letting people do wrong to me. And I've spent the last 11 years trying to regain the time I wasted worrying about the bullshit I went thru and making my life what I want it to be. I have been blessed with meeting and befriending some of the kindest, most wonderful people I've ever encountered. Johnathon(bt20v), has known me for around 15 years. He's been one of the best friends I could have ever wished for. He pushes me, helps me keep my sanity, and is always there to listen. Anyone here that's met me or talked to me will tell you, I will go out of my way to help in anyway I can. Whether it's cars, life, women, whatever. I don't blame anyone for what I was put thru, I have 2 beautiful, albeit extremely stress inducing, children. I have a beautiful wife that puts up with me and my vehicular obsession. And I have friends that make even the worst day more than bearable. I know what friends are, they're family by choice, not by blood! And you can never have too many friends. With that, I bid everyone adieu.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I just want to let the rest of the community know that I appreciate you guys for bearing a naked a portion of your souls. That's trust y'all. I think I might put this thread in a special section for high post count members. This isn't welcome mat material. This is down the spiral staircase, to the members only happy times karaoke bar material.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

dr.occa wrote:This isn't welcome mat material. This is down the spiral staircase, to the members only happy times karaoke bar material.
It's no big deal to me, the things I've been thru are what made me who I am. No shame in that.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Nope, nothing to be ashamed about people mistreating you. They're the ones who should be ashamed.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

werd. Shit happens life move on. I'm 25 years old.. and I realized a couple years ago...... F**K IT!!! Seriously got rid of all the f***d up sh!+ around me, and all the people with that. I seriously haven't been happier. Having a blast with the corolla, and drifting, and all sorts of other sweet stuff. Just need to hurry up and get the last few pieces so i can leave it alone for a year or two. Need to get my ass out of the garage and into the world a little more haha. Good stuff to learn though.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

I have a really f*cked up life, I'm too thick skinned to give any f*cks. As far as I know, I'm dying tomorrow.

Manifesto

Post by Manifesto »

I lost a needle in a haystack once and found it. My carpet is so afraid of me that it vacuums itself. Everyday is my lucky day. When you meet me the pleasure will be all yours. I dont pay attention to fashion because its always a step behind. I am constantly caller number nine and win tickets to all of the best shows. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a spatula ansd a toaster oven. Im a stellar hugger and a world class cuddler. I once read Paradise Lost, The Odyssey, and War & Peace all in one day and still had to paint my entire living room that evening. I shower daily. I bake 30 minute brownies in 20 minutes flat. Moms love me and children wanna be me. Basically, i f-bombing rock. All hyperbole aside, Im about to graduate from UH and then go to law school. The main reason im going to law school is so i can put "Esquire" after my name when i graduate - admit it, it cound cool. But i also want to help the disadvantaged. I had a great summer internship working with low income housing tenants and ill probably do something like that when i graduate.

some random stuff about me:
- My parents are immigrants, so im first generation american
- finest mixture of bro and nerd you will ever meet
- i can shoot a bow and arrow
- I care a lot about sustainability, the environment, renewable enrgy and resource depletion
- the first time i ever played a slot machine i hit the jackpot. too bad it was nickle slots
- I once visited Climax, GA just because of the name... but it was very disspointing

86boy

Post by 86boy »

I can only guess that Climax, GA didn't make you climax like you anticipated did it? LOL
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/

GamblerZ

Post by GamblerZ »

dr.occa wrote:One of the oldest guys on this forum. Usually pretty busy doing this or that or both. I try to help when I can but being a family man, family comes first.

From experience, how I describe myself may differ greatly from others' experiences with me so for me, you can come up with your own description and impressions of me when we meet so that means you have to come to 86 day in Austin man. :action9:
Don't know how this thread got missed, but I think I can challenge Jonas at being the oldest one here, otherwise come a very close second.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S Hatchback DMG
'92 Lexus SC400 Diamond White Pearl (WTS/WTT)
'99 Lexus SC300 Millenium Silver Metallic (WTS)

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Jonas is like 57 years old now. Actually it was messed up when I went to Houston and Jonas and I went to get some saki. They carded him, told me I looked old enough. I'm 31 wtf? He's got almost 9 years on me! F u Jo-nuts!