Describe Who You Are

Anything not related to the AE86 and cars in general (but let's keep it respectful and courteous everyone).

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Describe Who You Are

Post by dr.occa »

It's good to see you followed a passion.

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Yes indeed. It's good to see other people have passion and push through all the crap to achieve what they want.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

Variasse
Tourist

Post by Variasse »

I Figure I've been stalking around the 86g forums enough that I'd like to share a bit about myself, seeing everyone before this post bare themselves really does make me apprechiate this forums and the members in it.

I'm 26 years old, born on a great day due to my mothers doctor not wanting to give up his vacation time(as my mom has told me) I was supposed to be born some time in very early November, but was born Halloween instead ^^ I wont even claim to have had it as rough as some have had here. My dad was a bit of a drunk when I was a kid, I remember one day he got so wasted he started throwing pots n pans around the kitchen, one grazed right by my head n broke the wall behind me. My mom gave him an ultimatum, beer or the kids. He sobered up really quickly after that, and for that I love my dad.

My dad tried teaching me about cars early on(he and his family have always been good with cars, also my dad worked motor pool for the army national guard for ages) I just regret none of it really stuck. I was a bit of a social outcast myself, I didn't care what was popular and hated most of the popular stuff kids were into when I was a kid anyways. I quickly took to books, vidya games, etc etc which I guess classified me as a nerd, and I got into a lot of fights because of it when I was in middle school. Skip past that a bit on to high school I went to an awesome program called Middle College High School, where I took college classes concurrently with my high school ones. I didnt excel too much there, but I found my passion in journalism and film. Durring my high school years my family got kicked out of the house we were renting (our land lord was getting a divorce so he sold the house to some other people) and my parents got scammed out of a house (lady claiming to be the land lord was actually the tennant took my moms deposit and got away with it, but others that were scammed got their money back) so we were homless for some time. Lived in a van with my brother and parents in a walmart parking lot for a week, then lived with my uncle, who let us rent a room for our whole family ^^" wasnt the greatest of times.

When we managed to get a place of our own again my dad had gotten deployed to Iraq for almost two years. With the money he made out there my parents decided on getting a house out of the city. I just didnt expect it to be a few states over in BFE that is where I am now in oklahoma. I lived out in an area where the two choices for internet was either satellite net, or dial up, never knew that still existed till I got out here ^^" I got tired of the area and at the time my family was grinding my gears so I moved in with my sister and her husband n two kids in North Carolina.

I was in a long distance relationship with a girl I met playing a game called Ragnarok Online, I was in California when i met her, while she was living in massachusetts. We talked on and off for years, being that I finally was on the east coast I took the chance on meeting her in person, everything went great and she soon moved in with me at my sisters place, then after a while we decided to move back to Oklahoma(figured It had cheaper rent the Mass. and planned on renting a place so her mom could come down and live with us. However a few months after we moved out here her mother died)

It took me some time just to find a job out here, nothing was available unless you have an indian card(even got turned away from a job fair due to not having one) So I currently work two jobs, both of them in the food service industry. One is a dead end job with Ahole owners where i work part time, and my full time job I work as a manager at, with a promotion comming soon to an assistant position (yay salary pay with health coverage, vision/dental, and paid vaca) I recently proposed to my girlfriend on a visit back to California, It was her first time ever being on the wast coast. We drove all the way there in what is now my POS dodge intrepid. I planned on purposing to her in Twin Peaks, an area in San Fransico that overlooks the entire bay area. I am a lucky SOB as the same day we traveled to there was the 75th anniversary of the golden gate bridge, so we had a bunch of special events going on in san fran that day, as well as an awesome fireworks show off the bridge in the evening.

Moving on to the present, I'm still working two jobs, and with my 2001 dodge intrepid having enough small issues, as well as some major issues, I'm planning on buying a new car and leaving my intrepid to my brother for him to learn to drive in/leave it for him to fix up. I came across the 86garage community on chance as I've always wanted an 86 but when I was a kid thought they werent able to be Imported to the US/didn't know that they produced here as well. I'm currently looking to get an 86 as it is the last car I plan on ever buying(if I'm gonna get a car, its going to be one that is a dream car for me) So on a random night I googled 86 and stumbled upon this site. I wasn't really interested in cars till now as I don't have a lot of free time due to working so much, and when I am off from work, I want to be out of the house and do something. Since joining this community I've read through so many threads, and am trying to absorb as much as I can. My dad and a few friends are intrested in helping me to fix up an 86 as a project car for a new hobby, however I first want to find one for a daily driver. I'm extremely grateful that a community like this exists, knowing that a dream of my can actually come true as 86's arent outrageously expensive(excluding initial d tax'd ones) and it's within my budget to actually buy one. Current problems with my car are pushing me to try and find one sooner than later, but a few offers out there have come up, and I'm trying to come up with a way to get one asap. I'm hoping my time here can teach me and introduce me to a community I'd love to get to know better, and eventaully feel like I can be a part of.

I'm sorry for the wall of text, and for any eye bleeding it may have caused if anyone decides to peruse through. I'm a very easy to get along with person, I don't have many friends out here outside of work, I'm hoping through this site I can meet and make new friends along the way.

SkabRock5

Post by SkabRock5 »

Interesting background, way to tuff it out and stick it through. Hope you get your 86 and thanks for sharing your story.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Variasse, thank you sir. The DFW guys are a good bunch to have nearby. I hope they can help you out and keep you level headed with these cars. Family & friends, then cars.

I enjoyed the read man. Thanks again. :tu:

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

I've made a lot of friends off of this site. And all of them will be lifelong friends. I cherish hanging out and talking to you guys. Anyone who knows me, knows I don't hide anything about my life or my past. What's the point? I got to where I am by being me. And the troubles and heartaches I've been thru in my life is what made me who I am. I'm not perfect, I have flaws, but who doesn't? Knowing who someone really is, deep down, below all the bullshit... is what makes them a part of my life.

Cheers and enjoy the holidays.