movie ratings

Seen a movie and what to share your thoughts? Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

85levin

movie ratings

Post by 85levin »

thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on films currently showing at the theatre. since we a lot of us here have simialar interests i would much rather base my choices off what i read here. and heck, even favorite all time movies would be cool to post. i'll start with mine.

just watched 2012.
it is a long movie that has a decent story behind it, good acting, and great creativity. now, it being a film based on the foretelling the end of the world, it is difficult for it to meet expectations. now on a more personal note, I like as much reality as possible in a movie even if it is science fiction; the main characters have TOO MANY close calls.

mooreofmick

Post by mooreofmick »

i went and saw it a couple of days ago. i like woody allen playing the crazy guy but the ending could of use some work. on another note star trek was the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

mooreofmick wrote: on another note star trek was the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES! i did like it. it was well done for a rendition of a classic.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

star treck was just ok to me.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

85levin

Post by 85levin »

do you have to see the rest of the movies/series to understand the latest startrek? heard about it but, never been a startrek fan. i'll rent it once it is on dvd.

one of my all time favorites is "the way of the gun" with venicio del toro not many have seen it and it is a must see. maybe about 10 years old

MadeInThe80s

Post by MadeInThe80s »

You can see Star Trek without seeing any of the others. Its like a whole new beginning.
86 GTS 4AGTE

inertia

Post by inertia »

ive always hated star trek , but i love the movie two thunbs up :wink:

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

i saw the way of the gun about 10 years ago.dont really remember much. love and a .45 was a good one.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

85levin

Post by 85levin »

i'll make sure to pick that one up.

85levin

Post by 85levin »

saw star trek yesterday. great movie! i really didn't expect much from it either.

went to the theatre this last weekend, watched the ninja assassin. it is decent. all that blood just did it for me; never knew a human can bleed out 2-3 gallons of blood. lol

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

85levin wrote:saw star trek yesterday. great movie! i really didn't expect much from it either.

went to the theatre this last weekend, watched the ninja assassin. it is decent. all that blood just did it for me; never knew a human can bleed out 2-3 gallons of blood. lol
i want to see ninja assassin!
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dfi1120

Post by dfi1120 »

:arrow: YO I SAW THAT MOVIE THE $#!T IS AWESOME MAN, CAN WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT ON DVD 8)
D.F.I #20
r a n
i s c
f t
t
ARTURO ROMERO
TEAM INERTIA
DRIFT MORE TEXAS
http://www.myspace.com/art_d_f_i_20

Chris-pee
Tourist

Post by Chris-pee »

mooreofit wrote: love and a .45 was a good one.
Reverend horton heat was in that (best band ever)

Chris-pee
Tourist

Post by Chris-pee »

Chris-pee wrote:
mooreofit wrote: love and a .45 was a good one.
Reverend horton heat was in that (best band ever)
2012 sucked ass BTW

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

took my oldest daughter to see Ninja Assassin. Aside from the utter gore, loved the action, flashback scenes, fight scenes. Movie was straight to the point. Good ninja kung fu movie. Loved the flying shurikens. Sho Kosugi has been THE ninja to be since the Enter the Ninja days. the gore is more than necessary. it's one of the major aspects that set this movie apart. it was way over the top for my taste. storyline was straight forward and easy to follow. action was intense. character background helped illuminate things and help the audience come to the inevitable conclusions on their own. fun chop socky ninja movie Image

If any of you ever got to play the japanese version of the first Tenchu on PS, that's Sho Kosugi voicing rikimaru.

just watched Terminator: Salvation. i don't know what all the complaining was about. boring? it was inciteful. you get to see the different MACHINES for termination in action. there's a little more human background behind the resistance. you find out how connor gets the scars on the left side of his face. there's a lot of thoughtful humanity injected into the franchise that's been a long time coming. i won't delve too much further for those who haven't seen it. great movie Image