... New CAMS being tested by NST ... Update ...

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

NonStopTuning

Post by NonStopTuning »

aceofspades wrote:
NonStopTuning wrote:These cams would be great for a GZE or a turbo GE/GZE. Unfortunately I can not commit more $$$$ to R&D and testing, unless we see some real demand and support from the community.

Maybe if a few people place orders with us we can raise a few bucks to help pay for more dyno testing with the NST AE86! Will's 86 has a turbo 4AG.

:D
but thats not a GZE set up =)
I know its sucks but these cams are not cheap and some times you just got to spend the money show what they can do

We would be more than happy to spend the extensive amount of money and time to provide you with info and results on a GZE... as soon as a few guys show us some real support and pick up a few sets.

I fully realize that these are expensive cams, and I understand that people want to see data, which is why we spent a ton of cash and a great deal of time in doing everything necessary to get to this point. These cams are the real deal for any n/a, turbo, or supercharged engine.

The rest of you have to understand that this is a two way street.

:D
www.NonStopTuning.com
Offering the best in Pulleys, Clutches & Flywheels, Coilovers, and more.
Be sure to keep up with us on the NST blog!

aceofspades
Tourist

Post by aceofspades »

This is true but you have to remember who your dealing with here
these are 4ag people. I hate to say it but the only people who really spend money on these parts Don't live in the USA. I my self have made alot of good cheap parts and with no out come but to sell all my parts to the Aussies.
Most 4ag people are broke! and will spend there money else where then a set of 790 dollars cams. They sound like a great buy but there was not much gain from that old motor. For some reason people like big numbers sadly! Maybe if you would have tested them on a rebuilt motor or GZE you would have seen more people looking. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of these cams with a nice power band just a lot of people I know felt let down after such a long wait . They all bitched about low numbers and high cost from what i'm hearing. Hell would be willing to drive 24 hours down there to test them on my car but that is not my call but yours.

just my 2 cents
good luck i'm still holding out for you guys
and hope see a set down the road

P.S. I still need a new timing pointer for my 180mm GZE pulley kit!!!!
so hard to do timing with out!
4AG honkey

NonStopTuning

Post by NonStopTuning »

I understand bud, and I agree with what you are saying about the 4AG community. I have been a part of various 4AG communities for about a decade now and I know what the norms are.

Part of the reason these cams cost as much as they do, is because a lot more time and machining goes into building a Tri Flow Cam, as upposed to the older traditional sytles. Also, these cams are NOT regrinds, they are built from solid billet blanks.

As far as people being "let down" or "disappointed" with the data being presented... I would honestly have to say that these people either a) do not fully understand the concept of "area under the curve" or b) do not fully understand the way traditional camshafts behave, and the many ways in which Tri Flow Cams have more advantages.

To make matters worse, much of what has led to the expectations of those who have been waiting has been based largely on hearsay and inaccurate representation of previous test data in the past... which may have led to unrealistic expectations that no set of cams would be able to live up to in a 20+ year old, BONE STOCK, engine.

The bottom line is that these Tri Flow Cams are superior to older cams in many ways. The data presented clearly represents many of these advantages.

In the end, I would love to do testing with n/a, turbo, and supercharged versions of the 4AG... stock, lightly, and heavilly modified. we'll just have to wait and see where the community decides to take us...

Thanks again for all your help and support, I certainly do appreciate it!

:)
www.NonStopTuning.com

NonStopTuning

Post by NonStopTuning »

Again, these same Tri Flow Cams can be used in any version of the 16V 4AG. Whether n/a, turbo, or supercharged.

8)
www.NonStopTuning.com

aceofspades
Tourist

Post by aceofspades »

word to that If you feel the need I there is support you on my page and has been the past
www.midwest4ag.com
but i still need a timing pointer for my GZE 8)
4AG honkey

NonStopTuning

Post by NonStopTuning »

--- UPDATE ---

THREE SETS IN STOCK AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPPING ...
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pNSTtriflowCams.html

Good luck and have fun with all your projects everyone!

:wink:
www.NonStopTuning.com

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

DROOL!!!!
JDM AE86/AE92

aceofspades
Tourist

Post by aceofspades »

whats comes with the different kit numbers?
4AG honkey

NonStopTuning

Post by NonStopTuning »

As I have stated repeatedly, these same cams work for any 16V version of the 4AG... n/a, turbo, or supercharged. We list different kit numbers on our website because we want to know who is showing the most interest... Corolla, MR2, GE, GZE, etc...

:)
www.NonStopTuning.com

NonStopTuning

Post by NonStopTuning »

For those asking for special pricing, or a discounted rate, here is your chance!

We do not plan on doing this again anytime soon, so you may want to take advantage while you can...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0291275511

Good luck and have fun with all your projects everyone!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
www.NonStopTuning.com