Clutch: to kick or not to kick...

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i clutch kick like their is no tomorrow at my first event i would initiate every drift with a clutch kick and peel out at the launch pad dumping the clutch and also clutch kicking during the drift. hell its a 23 year old clutch i am not worried its bound to go bad sooner or later and my handbrake doesn't work why not beat the hell out of it i plan on buying a trailer when i get back just encase anything goes wrong with the car but so far she has been running like a mule i beat the hell out of it and all i had to do was put in gas and oil.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i've been beating mine up for a year and a half and it's stock.... still holds up.

the only time i really clutch kick is if i don't have the running room to come in hot and ebrake.... i do clutch kick during drifting though
JDM AE86/AE92

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

when your missing chunks out of your front tires and your ebrake does not work its all that ive got plus it sounds badass rrrunaa rrunaaa ruunnaaa the only downside of my car is the exhaust its so loud i cant even tell where the rpm's are at most of the time and im on the limiter like shit lol i really liked the way will has nothing in his car but the rpm gauge right in the middle i think i am going to do that but not bash the shit out of mine i dunno what went on with wills lol. ima make circle cutouts on a metal plate and have the rpm gauge in the middle with the engine temp and oil temp where the ac ducts come out of the dash.

nt66

Post by nt66 »

Nasser wrote:i clutch kick like their is no tomorrow at my first event i would initiate every drift with a clutch kick and peel out at the launch pad dumping the clutch and also clutch kicking during the drift. hell its a 23 year old clutch i am not worried its bound to go bad sooner or later and my handbrake doesn't work why not beat the hell out of it i plan on buying a trailer when i get back just encase anything goes wrong with the car but so far she has been running like a mule i beat the hell out of it and all i had to do was put in gas and oil.
If this is your style be prepared to buy some trannys ive blown them up with a single clutch kick
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

:cry: it will do as of right now the underpowered motor cant hurt it that much.

BlackTruenoAE86
Tourist

Post by BlackTruenoAE86 »

its hit or miss on trannys, Ive never gone thru trannys and I drive hard. Id be more worried about my rear end, it already has sooome play... I clutch kick the hell out of both my car and my dads gze car

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

agreed id be more worried about my rear end too id rather invest money in a ford 8.8 rear end or something.

BlackTruenoAE86
Tourist

I change my fluids alot. thats about it. I think the way to kill a tranny is if you revshift alot. But clutch kicking nah, I've actually chattered a clutch because of it haha My car was turbo my dads car is GZE and he has a ACT Stage 3 clutch freakin rough as hell, still kickin. the pinion might need re adjusting though...

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

the tranny is known to be a weak point of the car so beware..... my diff whines like hell but oh well. it still locks up.

my motto is to drive it til it blows up or breaks
JDM AE86/AE92

BlackTruenoAE86
Tourist

yeah going from 3rd to 2nd can be a bitch on T50s those sycros go bad.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

FIRST TO SECOND FOR ME....and yes 3rd to 2nd is a bitch too
JDM AE86/AE92

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i kinda agree with blacktrueno the only thing ive done to actually prob hurt the tranny was accidentally doing the shift lock technique when i first go my car and was 13 and didn't really know what i was doing trying to keep the revs up lol i thought something was wrong with the car when the tires would lock up and make it fish tail the neighborhood watcher's husband was PISSED he went around telling every1 a under aged kid is speeding extremely fast in a sports car all i had was a rusty holed up exhaust :lol:

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

clutch kicking is hard on the transmission. T50's are weak as shit. if you haven't broken one count yourself lucky.

My freakin thread went from tire pressure to clutch kicking and drift techniques....

Only 86garage....

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

Overdrift wrote:clutch kicking is hard on the transmission. T50's are weak as shit. if you haven't broken one count yourself lucky.

My freakin thread went from tire pressure to clutch kicking and drift techniques....

Only houston240....
Fixed
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]

nt66

Post by nt66 »

Nasser wrote:i kinda agree with blacktrueno the only thing ive done to actually prob hurt the tranny was accidentally doing the shift lock technique when i first go my car and was 13 and didn't really know what i was doing trying to keep the revs up lol i thought something was wrong with the car when the tires would lock up and make it fish tail the neighborhood watcher's husband was PISSED he went around telling every1 a under aged kid is speeding extremely fast in a sports car all i had was a rusty holed up exhaust :lol:

well I dont think you have driven your car enough yet to tell but t50's are glass just because you havent broken one dosnt mean they are strong. Ive broken 4 and that was all when I was stock NA and I dont even clutch kick very much inertia is way more fun
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com