Build questions...

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Re: Build questions...

Post by daveskatesallday »

RotaSpinna69 wrote:Will's car is nice. I've seen it plenty at events and follow as much as I can. My car will be N/A for some time though :/ But still has ALOT more potential than other N/A four cylinders haha.
if you're trying to break 150hp or at least make that i'd say 4AGTE swap, motor drops right in, don't need custom mounts, if the condition of the motor is good or rebuilt you have plenty of potential if you don't mind having it tuned and all that jazz, anything 400hp and up will cost some big bucks more or less

you can always find some good deals though hopefully you find what you're looking for (just skimmed this post a few times so if i missed something excuse me) :tu:
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

RotaSpinna69

Post by RotaSpinna69 »

Well the K24A4 engine from the Honda Accord, which I now have two, are all-aluminum, reliable, and already break 160hp right out of the box. These K-Series Honda engines are ridiculously sensitive to mods. They make 200ph easily N/A. I'm currently sourcing a S2000 transmission. As for custom mounts and the like, PowerFab automotive will be handling everything that requires welding and fabrication :)

Thanks,

Andrew

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

but... it's a honda. How much is it going to take you to custom fab that motor/trans into your car? Sounds somewhat expensive for 160hp, and at the end of the day it's a Honda.
There are no spare parts, only unfinished projects.

1985 ae86 hatch 7age (coming soon to a parking lot near you)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050

RotaSpinna69

Post by RotaSpinna69 »

The engine is very similar and very different from the 2AZFE or 2ARFE from Toyota(Camry, Scion tC, etc.). It was on my list of choices for engines, but didn't make it due to the overwhelming cost of the engine alone and not much in the way of potential transmissions to swap.

AND the K24 is reliable!..."and at the end of the day it's a Honda." :)

Fabricating mounts is not hard, just time consuming to get it right. Measure twice, cut once. People are actually putting the K-Series engines into their Lotus7's and Caterhams using a W5* transmission...Loads of those around and not as expensive as the S2000 transmission.

Things are looking up....

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

RotaSpinna69 wrote:The engine is very similar and very different from the 2AZFE or 2ARFE from Toyota(Camry, Scion tC, etc.). It was on my list of choices for engines, but didn't make it due to the overwhelming cost of the engine alone and not much in the way of potential transmissions to swap.

AND the K24 is reliable!..."and at the end of the day it's a Honda." :)

Fabricating mounts is not hard, just time consuming to get it right. Measure twice, cut once. People are actually putting the K-Series engines into their Lotus7's and Caterhams using a W5* transmission...Loads of those around and not as expensive as the S2000 transmission.

Things are looking up....
does sound like an interesting swap hopefully you don't spend more than you have to, to make the hp you want, personally im keen on keeping it toyota BUT hey whatever works for you, i'd deff like to see pics in the future once the ball gets rolling :tu: :tu:
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."