13b-rew ignition timing not quite right

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

86boy

13b-rew ignition timing not quite right

Post by 86boy »

OK sooooo the REW doesn't have a place to adjust timing (that I have found). I checked it as it was one thing I spaced after reading in the FSM that timing is not to be adjusted. So today I checked it and its supposed to be

Trailing 20* ATDC
Leading 5* ATDC

My readings from my uber awesome timing light results...

Trailing 0*
Leading 25*

I double checked to make sure i had the right spark plug wires 3 times as that didnt seem right at all... So my timing light is one that you can adjust the timing so you can be super lazy or super accurate and look for 0* on the timing marks instead of trying to see "is that the 10* mark?!?!?". You set your timing light to 10* and look for 0* and done. So if you want to double check you put your timing light to 0* and look for the 10* mark.

I also am 95% sure the spark plug wires are correctly hooked up to the ignition coil packs. Leading are on the same coil pack and each trailing plug wire have their own coil packs. Maybe this is why it runs like ass at idle.... Idk figured it wouldn't run the greatest "getting on it" but it laid down 266 whp and 250 ft.tq... With only exhaust and an intercooler upgrade. Kinda weird.... Any thoughts or ideas?!?
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: 13b-rew ignition timing not quite right

Post by dr.occa »

You're sure your timing light is hooked to the trailing lead on the front housing Chris?

86boy

Re: 13b-rew ignition timing not quite right

Post by 86boy »

dr.occa wrote:You're sure your timing light is hooked to the trailing lead on the front housing Chris?
Sure am! I'll check it again this evening before I pull the diff on the 86.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯