1Jz-2Jz questions.

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Mexd1_Sicario
Tourist

1Jz-2Jz questions.

Post by Mexd1_Sicario »

ok so theres some questions i have about the differences between a 1Jz and 2Jz. Im interested to know more about the twin turbo 1JZ and 2Jz. [really]
Whats there pros and cons. :slappity:

Im not looking to make some kind of monster motor. :various42:

I recently got a car that has a 1JZ and i just want to know more about it. Its going to my daily so Im not looking to make it super fast or anything. just want to make it nice reliable car. :snicker:

its a SR5... sooooo its still a AE86... nooooo its a SR5... aaaaaaaa whatever.... you still don't have one so HA... I WIN!!!Image

Thomas
Tourist

Re: 1Jz-2Jz questions.

Post by Thomas »

That's an odd swap for that car. Taking the 4.0 v8 out and replacing it with a 2.5L l6.

Pros and cons? 1JZ is 2.5L, shorter stroke, makes more revs but less low end torque. 2JZ is a 3.0, 86mm bore and stroke, not as rev-happy as a 1JZ but makes more torque. Would be a better option for that car since it's heavy. 2JZ stock twin turbo system is more complicated than 1JZ though.

That 1JZ will be a reliable daily motor as long as the wiring is not janky. Keep the oil changed. Run high octane gas. Kinda hard to break that motor. The stock twin turbos however are old and may start smoking before the engine has any problems.

Are you running the hydraulic radiator fan? If not, ditch that hydraulic-water pump and get a 2jzgte Supra pump. Driftmotion has em.
1977 Celica
1977 280Z - wife's toy
1989 Cressida

Mexd1_Sicario
Tourist

Re: 1Jz-2Jz questions.

Post by Mexd1_Sicario »

im not know why he did this kind of swap but i think its cool ok. the car is not in bad shape but needs lots of love. i still have to work on the interior and the rims need to get some work on them also. thanks for the info. on the 1Jz... and whats up with the harness thing. Im not to familiar with the 1Jz so sorry is i sound stupid asking you.
its a SR5... sooooo its still a AE86... nooooo its a SR5... aaaaaaaa whatever.... you still don't have one so HA... I WIN!!!Image