Help with ae86 4age

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

stevo71
Tourist

Help with ae86 4age

Post by stevo71 »

hey guys wanted to know who can help me with getting more power out my ae86 4age thinking in getting it turbo but dont know where to start and what i need can any one help with this subject really want to get it going faster lot of nascar wanna be's out in the bronx with hondas. can anyone direct me in the right direction.

JDM AE86

Re: Help with ae86 4age

Post by JDM AE86 »

Money money money
http://facebook.com/86levin

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Log manifold turbo with low boost on stock internals. Go with a well supported fuel management e.g. AEM, Haltech, etc...

stevo71
Tourist

Post by stevo71 »

so can i just install a turbo with stock pistons and head.

suprastarr
Tourist

Post by suprastarr »

you can but your gona wana run LOW boost. and remember

fast + cheap = not reliable
cheap + reliable = not fast
reliable + fast = not cheap

lol thats the rule of thumb
stock internals with high boost will give you this
Attachments
1204091103.jpg
1204091103.jpg (50.49 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Live,Love,Drive..

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

If you want to really save money but not have the fancy management, try a set of small port (250cc???) injectors and an FMU with an appropriate spring for increasing fuel pressure as boost increases.

stevo71
Tourist

Post by stevo71 »

hey dr.occa i really apprecciate all your info. but if you can call me i really would like some info on the items you are recommending 646-712-2589....

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

those burnt pistons are from running lean. as far as the honda guys go you just say "ohh yeah, let me see you do this" post 6000rpms drop clutch turn wheel.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

stevo71
Tourist

Post by stevo71 »

Okay so i bought a haltech sprint 500 for fuel management can i still use 250cc injectors. and what type pistons should i go with and cams.really would like some suggestion. came across some $$$$ really want to go with full engine upgade.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Any engine management system worth its existence should work with just about any size injectors you throw at it. What's important is the quality of them and the correct sizing of them for your goals, components and application.

List off your goals stevo71. There are quite a few members here who can give you knowledgeable feedback.

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

stevo71 wrote:hey guys wanted to know who can help me with getting more power out my ae86 4age thinking in getting it turbo but dont know where to start and what i need can any one help with this subject really want to get it going faster lot of nascar wanna be's out in the bronx with hondas. can anyone direct me in the right direction.

I'd say to save yourself the headache opt. for a GZE block out of a supercharged MR2 (AW11). You can boost the stock 16v largeport or smallport blocks but from what i've seen is you have to run low boost and you end up being very limited also would need a good tune to keep it reliable. Eventually (just going off of assumption) you're going to want to go up on boost but with the stock pistons you probably won't be able to safely. There's plenty of info and tons of 4AGTE builds from stock 16v blocks to GZE setups and plenty of mix-matched variations. Depends on your power goals/wants anything around 200whp or under you might be able to get away with the stock trans (with a good clutch) and you'll probably be able to get away with the rear end stock if it's in fair condition. Anything higher and you'll want to get a W58 trans. and beefier axles or a celica supra rear end to keep those things from grenading. Good luck with your build and goals :tu:
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

stevo71
Tourist

Post by stevo71 »

hey thanks for the info. I actually started buying some new pistons (high compression) and already have haltech sprinter 500 for fuel management dont know what brand of injectors or cc's to get them i have a friend telling me to get precision injectors aronnd 1200 cc. about tranny where those the w58 come off from. hey if you can give me a call some time would like some more feed back on parts i could get... thanks steve. 646-712-2589

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

stevo71 wrote:hey thanks for the info. I actually started buying some new pistons (high compression) and already have haltech sprinter 500 for fuel management dont know what brand of injectors or cc's to get them i have a friend telling me to get precision injectors aronnd 1200 cc. about tranny where those the w58 come off from. hey if you can give me a call some time would like some more feed back on parts i could get... thanks steve. 646-712-2589
you can find the W58's in the junkyard all day, check for some LS400's should have some

stevo71
Tourist

Post by stevo71 »

ok what type of car those that w58 comes out of..

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

stevo71 wrote:ok what type of car those that w58 comes out of..
lol

"you can find the W58's in the junkyard all day, check for some LS400's should have some"