electric choke solenoid?

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

BlackStar
Tourist

electric choke solenoid?

Post by BlackStar »

I just had my carbuerator professional rebuilt, adjusted and set. I put it on my car, and it works, great, save for one problem. It still doesn't not come down from fast idle. I called the place that did the carb, and gave me a suggestions. Apparently, their is an electric choke on our cars controlled by a solenoid(faces the head to be precise), and that when it is heated up, the car comes down from the fast idle to the normal idle. Since my car has had some wiring problems, I can see how this can make sense, since whenever i have tried to set the fast idle, it never comes down.

The mechanic suggested i use a test light(or voltmeter) to see if i am first getting any(or enough) electricity to the solenoid to function. He also mentioned to check to see the fuse worked too. I can understand the testing, but the fuse has got me. I checked the box, and noticed nothing carb related. However, there are engine fuses. Does one of these fuses control/give power to the electric choke? My only other guess is to go wire hunting and see if i have a bad wire, I've already had a few bad wires and blown fuses already.