Stock wheel weight and selection

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

BlackStar
Tourist

Stock wheel weight and selection

Post by BlackStar »

My SR5 is almost done, and will soon been in Daily Driver service. While I would like to eventually get a set of 13x6 Advan A3A's, I am going to rolling on stock wheels in the mean time. The current wheels I have are the OEM Teta wheels, and I actually like them alot(they need center caps and good cleanup).However, I noticed that they are a bit heavy, especially for their small size. So, what I am asking is what other stock toyota(or other oem wheel) wheels fits(I actually already have a good idea), AND are lightweight, AND are relatively small in diameter. I like the look of 13's on an AE86, and the narrow tire width is fine. I used to do eco modding years back, and a light/narrow wheel set up is really effective. Since I live in California, and I have a SR5, being as light as possible is a big benefit. If anyone has a link to any stock wheel information, that would be very beneficial.

Mr. Apex
Tourist

Re: Stock wheel weight and selection

Post by Mr. Apex »

Get celica supra rims

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Stock wheel weight and selection

Post by dr.occa »

I believe mid 70's to early 80's RWD Toyota wheels should fit too - a lot of 13" wheels from that era. e.g. TE31/38/51, possibly even the starlets will fit.