Suspention Reasearch Info.

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

The 3 link seems to work really well,the stock 4 links bind easily and limit the amount the body can roll before picking weight off the inside rear wheel limiting rear grip-ever wonder why they make such good drift cars?. :wink:

With really lowered corollas the short upper links take on a really bad angle,the angle affects the amount of forward bit the tires can make.If the upper arms angled the other way the rear end would try and climb under the arms planting the rear tires.

You can see the box above the pumpkin for clearance and front mount on the back of the main roll hoop.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

kevlar corolla wrote:...

With really lowered corollas the short upper links take on a really bad angle,the angle affects the amount of forward bit the tires can make.If the upper arms angled the other way the rear end would try and climb under the arms planting the rear tires...
i have always noted this on the shorter upper links when lowering 86es (any car using 4 links for that matter). i've considered bolting/welding flat steel onto the existing mounts to lower their mounting points on the axle in order to "correct" their angle.

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Post by o.g.darkdrifter »

So pretty much traction brackets for the top links? But even with traction brackets after a certain point they can only do so much, which is where an adjustable equal length setup comes in.

This guy's setup is SICK! Not for me.... but bad ass none the less.
Noob since 2004