Lame question, but are these?

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

BlackStar
Tourist

Lame question, but are these?

Post by BlackStar »

I'm new to Toyotas, and imports in general, so these may be some real noob questions. the car in question is an 87 SR5, so it has a 4AC engine. I simply ask, what are these, whats their function, and where are they supposed to be :roll:

first up, these connections in the enigne bay, same location as the battery. I'm guessing they should be connected to comething

Next, I know these are fuses, but I'm guessing they are aftermakret, or is this legit?

I found this mess of stuff in the trunk, What is the hunk of metal, and also, what are the two toher peices with the cylinders/wires?

I'll add more to this thread when i find stuff i just don't know what it is, if thats ok :action10:

UncleTonyBerman

Re: Lame question, but are these?

Post by UncleTonyBerman »

all I can answer are about the fuses in pic 2.... those are factory 4AC and hang off the battery.... my 87 4dr had em too... you need them or the car wont run. when they go out, the car powers down, no lights, no power, nothing. Mine caught fire, but after replacing them, the car started right up and was good as new.

BlackStar
Tourist

Post by BlackStar »

alright, cool, it was about to take them off, but i noticed that they went into the wiring harness, so i held back

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

I found this mess of stuff in the trunk, What is the hunk of metal, and also, what are the two other pieces with the cylinders/wires?

The piece you're pointing to is a solenoid for a Honda. Throw it away...

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

the piece at the top of the pic with the lever is for the rear seats locks them from the trunk area.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

At a boy McKenney!