clutch master cylinder

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

clutch master cylinder

Post by landslideATX »

WTF! so what all do you have to take off to get this damn thing off. i was looking at it and there is one nut in the engine bay and its a bitch to get to. then there is one under the dash that is a bitch to get to. there has to be an easyer way to get this f-bombing thing off.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

dude if its leaking dont even bother wrap a towel underneath it in ur car to absorb its leak and keep filling it i would change mine but it looks like a pain in the ass and so stupid the way its put on. unless u wanna take apart your dash.....

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

it is stupid the way its put on. but i have to change it out cause it went out. its full and my slave was replaced along with the clutch and it still isn't going into gear.
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

yeah, it is a pain but it's one worth doing right. the towel thing is a bad idea. just plan on it being a worth while task doing. whenever doing work on the 86, never be in a hurry everyone. trust me. it'll make owning it all the more enjoyable. and you'll develop a deeper appreciation for it.

hang in there.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i did the towel thing and it sucked.... takes the paint rigth off the chassis.

i would just fix it. not that hard. go to o'reilly's. i paid 44 dollars for mine.
JDM AE86/AE92

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

both my master and my slave leak, I put some powersteering stop-leak in a thing of brake fluid, shook it up, and replaced the fluid that was in the resivoir of the clutch master.

=) no more leaks :lol:
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

hvguy wrote:both my master and my slave leak, I put some powersteering stop-leak in a thing of brake fluid, shook it up, and replaced the fluid that was in the resivoir of the clutch master.

this is just a bandage orlando. not something i personally would depend on.

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

dr.occa wrote:
hvguy wrote:both my master and my slave leak, I put some powersteering stop-leak in a thing of brake fluid, shook it up, and replaced the fluid that was in the resivoir of the clutch master.

this is just a bandage orlando. not something i personally would depend on.
indeed- it was a bandaid, but over time it turned into stitches
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

is there an easy way of getting this thing off? this is my daily and i really need a car so i don't miss work anymore. besides i want to try out my new clutch damnit. after i break it in of course.

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

im afraid not, u will have to take off the dash and know how to bleed the clutch which is easy but i have tried taking off my dash and if you have never done it before its kind of stupid i haven't been able to get it off to take out the piping for my heater core :? so i started snapping all the pipes lol.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

so what your telling me is that i have to take off my dash to remove the clutch master cylinder? thats insane. there has to be a way to get it off without having to do that.

H8S
Tourist

Post by H8S »

:wink: BUY A NEW CAR

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

u can call up me the arab and i can arrange some bombs to clear the area for u to get to it if u want Imagebut other than that no not really. if you take it off keep the dash off for a while at least so that u can fab up some stuff so that both bolts will be in the engine bay next time. but if yours is leaking on the inside from the hydraulic arm thing just wrap a small towel like around it and just check the fluid level of it every once in a while.
Last edited by Nasser on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erickz300

Post by erickz300 »

all you got to do is loosen the bolts from under the dash. pry out little pin on clutch clinder shaft. loosen the brake master cylinder, to make some room, and just work it out. i just replaced mine that way

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

no dash removal needed... just crawl back there already
JDM AE86/AE92