Looking for Houston Machine Shop w/ 4AGE Experience

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

olskoolae71
Tourist

Looking for Houston Machine Shop w/ 4AGE Experience

Post by olskoolae71 »

Hey folks. I did a search of the forums and found a few posts discussing this topic but didn't really get any solid answer.

I'm looking to find a shop to work on my block. I need to get it cleaned, magnafluxed, likely overbored and I'd prefer a shop that's familiar with imports, super plus ups if they've done 4AGE work before.

Ideally someplace that already has a deck plate for the 4AGE since I'm trying to run this on a budget and would rather not pay tooling costs to make the plate.

Like triple bonus if they do head work, but that's less important as I could get that sent out and worked on easier than the iron lump.

Any suggestions? The one decent answer I found already is Joey's Engines. It would be wicked cool to find some place in SE Houston/Bay Area but I'm willing to travel to the outskirts if there is a good place.

Any of the drifter kids here get their motors worked on around the area?

Thanks in advance!
--Joe
My Car is Slow.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: Looking for Houston Machine Shop w/ 4AGE Experience

Post by mooreofit »

i get all my stuff done at joe's machine shop on 34th and alba.they new what my stuff was before it hit the table.and do awesome work.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

Force_Fed

Post by Force_Fed »

I've got a machine shop that I exclusively use. I use them at least once every two weeks if not more frequently.

olskoolae71
Tourist

Post by olskoolae71 »

Any chance you'd be willing to mention who it is? I need to make some calls to see who can help me out and the more options available, the better the chances of finding that right shop.

Thanks!
Force_Fed wrote:I've got a machine shop that I exclusively use. I use them at least once every two weeks if not more frequently.
My Car is Slow.

Force_Fed

Post by Force_Fed »

What are you looking to get done?

olskoolae71
Tourist

Post by olskoolae71 »

Need to get the block and crank cleaned, magnafluxed, and mic'd. Likely looking for a 0.5mm overbore, new pistons with rod balancing and then a short block rebuild.

I'd really like to get the head ported and re-valved as well, but I'd be willing to send that out to be done. It's the block that I want to get locally since it would likely be more expensive to ship out to be done that it's worth.

I'm looking for something between a stock rebuild and a mildly tuned engine. Small bump in displacement but I still want to run pump gas.

I guess what I mean is that I'm not looking for hasselgren or PASS level build (although it would be nice!) but I don't want a backyard meth-head job either. I'd also really like someone who's seen a small displacement Toyota motor before since my past experiences have been with big-block domestic shops and lets say I was less than pleased with their receptiveness to my little project.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
--Joe
My Car is Slow.