Hondarue and Joshiroku

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

McKenney
VIP Member

Hondarue and Joshiroku

Post by McKenney »

The big brake setup... Are you using S4(4 lug turbo) or S5(5 lug turbo) calipers? And does it change the front track at all? And can I get away with stock lower control arms and not use roll center adjusters? I have perfect clearance on my front end and would like to keep it that way... But my brakes suck! I've had the car for a year and a half or so. I've replaced all 4 calipers, front and rear rotors, pads, hoses, master cylinder, and still the brakes just suck. They got better with the bigger tires, but still not enough for me. I can get the big brake conversion calipers, rotors, and pads thru my work for a reasonable price. The brackets are the only thing I'd need. But before I dove into the swap, wanted to know if it would change the track at all. madm177's car has a much wider track in the front than the rear, I know he has nrcas too... Help
Last edited by McKenney on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

McKenney
VIP Member

Re: Dr. Occa and Joshiroku

Post by McKenney »

I'm using a +8 offset wheel in the front so I have a little leeway... I just don't want em sticking out of the fenders.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

sorry McKenney, i'm not using the big brake setup BUT the big brake requires the 4 piston front calipers from a 5 lug. the 5 lugs (NA & Turbo) are the only models that used the large 4 piston calipers.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Ok. I assume since it uses the the stock hub, and the rotor still mounts behind it that it should sit the same. I can't find any info other than that.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Hondarue and Joshiroku

Post by dr.occa »

stock hubs but larger rotors that i believe are pre-drilled by HondaRue. you can't any wheels smaller than a 15.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

I have 15s so I'm not worried about that.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Figured it out. Delete thread