Traction Brackets

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

Traction Brackets

Post by landslideATX »

what do they do for the car? i read the thing on t3 but it doesn't really explain enough in detail you know? what would it do for me from a drifting stand point?
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

is this another thread about the tension rods or is this about the t3 traction brackets?

each part has a somewhat detailed description of it's general purpose and benefit over stock.
JDM AE86/AE92

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

its about the t3 traction brackets. i know it gives a description of it and stuff. but do i really need it. is it worth it. and so on.
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

nt66

Post by nt66 »

4 link will make a bigger diffrence but it will help

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

well i've already got the 4 link. so does that mean i shouldn't wast my money on the traction brackets?

pecx
Zeus - Ultra Mega Admin

Post by pecx »

I thought it for time attack. It could be the last thing for you to get.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

if you have 4 link i would just be happy with that... rodmillenstore.com has some expensive brackets that i think are ueo style and there's 2 different kinds if you have to have them but 4 links should be just fine.
JDM AE86/AE92

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

thats cool. thanks. i was wondering cause i'm going to be getting the tension rods from t3 cause they are a few $$ cheaper then megan on ebay. i just wanted to see if there was anything els i could get to cut down on shipping.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

never buy megan.... just my opinion
JDM AE86/AE92

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

traction brackets are intended to restore chassis & drive-train geometry where the chassis weight is again re-distributed onto the rear-end in order for proper traction and reduce wheel-hop.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

dr.occa wrote:traction brackets are intended to restore chassis & drive-train geometry where the chassis weight is again re-distributed onto the rear-end in order for proper traction and reduce wheel-hop.
thanks you. thats what i wanted to know. i guess i'm to technical about the way i understand stuff. but again thank you. another question. do i need them or should i just pass on them? i have a t3 lat bar and adj 4 link right now. due to damage to the front end of the car i'm going to order some stuff from t3 but wanted to try and get some other stuff to make it worth while as far as shipping.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

landslideATX wrote:
dr.occa wrote:traction brackets are intended to restore chassis & drive-train geometry where the chassis weight is again re-distributed onto the rear-end in order for proper traction and reduce wheel-hop.
thanks you. thats what i wanted to know. i guess i'm to technical about the way i understand stuff. but again thank you. another question. do i need them or should i just pass on them? i have a t3 lat bar and adj 4 link right now. due to damage to the front end of the car i'm going to order some stuff from t3 but wanted to try and get some other stuff to make it worth while as far as shipping.
before knowing what roads to take, first determine your destination :wink:

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

before knowing what roads to take, first determine your destination :wink:[/quote]

DRIFT GOD! lol. what i'm looking for is a daily drifter for now. due to only having one car. the roads here aren't that great either. i'm running kyb agx's with ebay 2" drop springs. the whole rear end makes so much noise everyone freaks out when they ride in my car due to all the ball joints. oh yeah and now my rear end is making a clicking noise when i turn some ways. kind of like a 2way lsd makes. (i know cause my friend had one in his 240)

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

landslideATX wrote:
dr.occa wrote:before knowing what roads to take, first determine your destination :wink:
DRIFT GOD! lol. what i'm looking for is a daily drifter for now. due to only having one car. the roads here aren't that great either. i'm running kyb agx's with ebay 2" drop springs. the whole rear end makes so much noise everyone freaks out when they ride in my car due to all the ball joints. oh yeah and now my rear end is making a clicking noise when i turn some ways. kind of like a 2way lsd makes. (i know cause my friend had one in his 240)
rofl...do this, post up a pic of your car and inlcude your engine & suspension specs (even if they are oem).

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

rofl...do this, post up a pic of your car and inlcude your engine & suspension specs (even if they are oem).[/quote]

i did. lol. its in media, under "my corolla (bout time)