tension rod

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

tension rod

Post by landslideATX »

as most of you know i recently ran my car into a curb. messing up the lower control arm and the tie rod. got that fixed. now i have a problem with the tension rod. the two bolts that go up into the lower control arm, one of them is in but the one closest to the front is off by like a quarter of an inch. will this effect the car much? and how long will the car last on just one of the bolts? thanks.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

just tweak it with a pry bar and it should work... i had to do it with my front end setup
JDM AE86/AE92

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

its bent at the end. i'm thinking about just getting new ones, after market. i'm looking at the t3 ones but i wanted to see if i can find them cheaper then $2oo. +shipping
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

landslideATX wrote:its bent at the end. i'm thinking about just getting new ones, after market. i'm looking at the t3 ones but i wanted to see if i can find them cheaper then $2oo. +shipping
month old thread but LAW just picked up a set off of ebay. helped him install them. they looked pretty comparable to my T3s but A LOT cheaper. he likes 'em.