dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: kevlar corolla on autosport driving: some pointers

Post by dr.occa »

because the rest of us are LAME!!!

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

vid of me in my Infiniti from a looooong time ago. disregard the spin at the beginning and ending of the video!

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Now I'm lame as I didn't get any vids today,waaay to busy as they decided to get 8 runs in as fast as possible due to a thunder storm forcast for early afternoon.Basically it was get in the car and run,jump out and head for marshalling,hope to have time for a piss to get rid of the bottle of water just finished,jump in car and run-repeat for 5 hours straight.

I have no intention of ever running that damn geo again,very frustrating with its lack of power(seriously about 30hp at the wheels)and the crazy slow steering rack.The stiffer springs I just jammed in worked wonders though as mid corner grip was quite high.

Mandm,I've watched that vid before,would love to have a coupe for a daily.On a side note it always amazes me how many cones you guys use in the south-must be impossible to get lost/go offcourse.I won the csp class with my civic at a solo in carlisle penn eons ago and the inside and outside of the lane was coned every 20 feet I kid you not.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

Still no other vids for me to drool over eh?.I did an event sunday in a stock miata,won the class by 5 seconds. 8)

My car is so close to being ready I can taste it.

kevlar corolla

Post by kevlar corolla »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v00QPY2exHo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to repost from the build thread but go ahead and pick my run apart-you know I already have. :wink:

At the start I was late for the 1st turn in,then I started driving a point and shoot line instead of sweeping arcs(I think mostly due to the front washing out and forcing me wider than I wanted but...)and then I turned too early for the right hander to come back thru the crossover which had me wait too long before being able to gas it.After that center cross over I don't see too many obvious foul ups like the 1st half.
Lots of hand movements for 2 reasons,1st is the grip was really low and the car was really dancing around between understeer/oversteer and the steering rack is super quick being 1 turn lock to lock and my brain is reacting to a slide with the "normal" amount of hand movement per degree of angle.I think I'm essentially overreacting and causing more twitchyness,getting the chassis settled a bit and seat time should fix that I believe.

Anyways,go ahead and let me know what else you see as the more eyes/problem picker uppers the better to help me for the next time.

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

That little thing looks like a blast!!!!

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

kevlar corolla wrote:Still no other vids for me to drool over eh?.I did an event sunday in a stock miata,won the class by 5 seconds. 8)

My car is so close to being ready I can taste it.
Is this some good driving or do i have a long ways to Mr. Kevlar corolla ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/m4nG#p/a/u/0/ew3Cr-Hn3UA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

McKenney
VIP Member

Post by McKenney »

Decent. Your apex's look a little soft(I am taking into account not wanting to go into oncoming traffic, why risk it) to me but overall good car control. Hit a small, technical course with alot of tight turns and we will judge then!