xtd stage 3 clutch

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

xtd stage 3 clutch

Post by landslideATX »

i have a stage 3 clutch. i haven't put it in yet. i've been looking up on it and have got mixed stories on it. most of the bad stories have been from people with 24o's. my friend has an mr2 as well and needs to get a clutch. i told him to get one of these but he needs to know how its going to last. i don't think it would be bad if you break it in correctly and due to the fact that both of the cars are low powered cars. let me know if anyone has had or has one of these and what they think.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

my only experience has been with oem, competition clutch & exedy in different combinations.

tell us what you think in comparison to what you were running before. stage 3 huh. seems a bit too much for a stock 4AGE. :wink:

let us know how it goes.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

i went with the stage 3 cause it was only like $3oo with the 9lb flywheel. right now i'm running stock to my knowledge. its the clutch that was in when i got the car.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

isn't will running an xtd clutch? i think he has a 6 puck sprung though. ask him
JDM AE86/AE92

Overdrift

Post by Overdrift »

CBR_TOY wrote:isn't will running an xtd clutch? i think he has a 6 puck sprung though. ask him
Yes will has been running the xtd for some time now... he bought that flywheel and clutch deal and sold hvguy his old xtd set. I drove hvguy's 4ac and it felt alot better with the xtd, not to crazy but i did daily drive a few 6 puck cars for a long time so im kinda used to them.

nt66

Post by nt66 »

by stage 3 what exactly do you mean? a metalic 6 puck is the way to go if you need it to last and take lots of abuse. You can slip tham all day long and nothing will happen to it. It will wear out the pressure plate/flywheel before the clutch disk. The one I have is a sprung no-name ebay 6 puck and I abuse the shit out of it with no problems. I got a sprung because its not as hard on the drivetrane .