rear end noise...

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

rear end noise...

Post by landslideATX »

i have a loud thud coming from my rear end. when i come up to a stop sign and am at a stop, i can pust the shifter against first w/o the clutch and it makes a thud. when i shift if i let the clutch out to fast it makes a thud. it used to happend with my old rear end. i got another rear end and it didn't happen at first but then it started. has anyone had this happend or does anyone know what this is? thanks.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

mine does it... it sounds like the lsd is engaging or trying to lock. i don't think it's that big of a deal.
JDM AE86/AE92

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

yeah its my second rear end. my first one did it. it just gets anoying. my friends make fun of my car because it has the adj 4 link and adj pan hard bar so it makes alot of noise and then with the rear end and no back seat its real loud in the car. they all say its going to fall apart.

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

don't worry about your friends.... i have no interior what so ever and my diff makes noise and whines and does all sorts of stuff. it'll be ok.

i've been made fun of for over 6 or so years just for owning a 4 door corolla and modifying it and now with the 86 i get made fun of for drifting an underpowered car. there will always be people who talk shit and talk down. don't sweat and do what you love to do.
JDM AE86/AE92

nt66

Post by nt66 »

landslideATX wrote:yeah its my second rear end. my first one did it. it just gets anoying. my friends make fun of my car because it has the adj 4 link and adj pan hard bar so it makes alot of noise and then with the rear end and no back seat its real loud in the car. they all say its going to fall apart.
if you have a 4 link with solid rod ends then the thud is the slack in those joints. Mine does the same thing and its just a tiny bit of slop in the 4 link

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

nt66 wrote:
landslideATX wrote:yeah its my second rear end. my first one did it. it just gets anoying. my friends make fun of my car because it has the adj 4 link and adj pan hard bar so it makes alot of noise and then with the rear end and no back seat its real loud in the car. they all say its going to fall apart.
if you have a 4 link with solid rod ends then the thud is the slack in those joints. Mine does the same thing and its just a tiny bit of slop in the 4 link
i have a t3 lat bar, and tcs 4 link. but the noise happend before i put that in. its the diff itself or the drive shat, but someone told me it wasn't the drive shaft.