carburated s2000 engine

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

85levin

carburated s2000 engine

Post by 85levin »

when i first thought of this i thought it was stupid. but, i kind of see in an ae86 to retain a certain old school appeal.

http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/ ... pic=6386.0

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

a manifold for the specific carbs that will be run first off.

then the concern with VTEC management BUT that can possibly be accomplished with a megajolt light jr via it's aux input/outputs.

that thread you referenced primarily deals with alternative ecu possibilities for custom engine management since HONDATA doesn't currently offer anything for the s2000 motors.

85levin

Post by 85levin »

yes, a custom manifold would be the onle way. in the link they talk about different ignition setups some of which would be able to run the s2000 ignition.

most people running the f20/22 in the ae86 run kpro or aem ems. going with carbs would be much cheaper and easier to tune.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

the manifold wouldn't be difficult really. the flange can be easily drawn up for the intake and the dcoe style carbs. for bike carbs the intake flange is all that would be necessary. the runners can be just open ended but beaded for the hosing.

really, engaging the vtec would be the primary dilemma.

for a good source of ignition triggering and control, autosportlabs.org (creator of the megajolt lite jr programmable ignition system) has a good deal of eye opening topics and projects.

a megajolt lite jr II should be in the works that would enable the use of factory distributors and possibly sequential ignition firing.