cant figure out my car problem!!!!!

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

mbehrens

Post by mbehrens »

yeah my buddy who is also my naghbor and i bought one of those big air compressors we split the cost we made sure to get something with enough scfms to do auto painting also . i have enough tools to run a shop lol... motors builds tranny builds lol.. just dont have a rack lol..but with his tools compined we can work on all makes and modals lol...so im not limited to imports and new domestics i can now use his tools to do old amarican pure muscle loll.... haha...
a 86 is an 86 no mater.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

my little brother has the biggest air compressor they make(mooreofmick)
he's just 10 mile's from mu house :lol:

he also has about every tool known to man kind. except for a tubing bender\notcher that we need for cages.

i plan on getting a mill\lathe combo soon to complete the collection but those are expensive!!
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

mooreofmick

Post by mooreofmick »

not every tool by no means just enough to get by and its only a 60 gallon they make bigger

mbehrens

Post by mbehrens »

i have a 60 gal to lol... 2 stage .i dont have every tool but i am getting there one tool at a time haha ... soon they will be all mine lol....
a 86 is an 86 no mater.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

special tools dont count mick :lol:

serious. what are we missing. make a list. ohh yeah

1. bottles for the acetalyne torch.
2.varsol bin and hot tank!!!!
3.two post lift (no room in our garages)
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

mbehrens

Post by mbehrens »

i am in the same boat guys im only missing the oxygen tank lol...but im like your brother i got enogh to get by and work ever comes buy lol....but i bet yall got a better brand compressor then me lol... but i made sure the comp presssoer would do what i want it to do know and fueture... and also i am not offending any of yall because if i am sorry not mu intension lol... i just noticed those devil heads lol
a 86 is an 86 no mater.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

:)

well as for the ae86 i put the head on and its still not right, milkshaked the motor again and stumbles on three cylinders until 3-4000 rpms.

one thing i forgot to mention is the major amounts of blow by. so i think the head is warped beyond repair..

that and the rings are gone. when i pulled the head i could still see the hone in the cylinder walls. i dunno im just highly depressed.

mooreofmick

Post by mooreofmick »

its a single pump kobolt air compressor for lowes it ran me about 520

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

let's get this thread back on track everyone.

well, you mentioned that compression was 180 straight across, so it's a bit confusing now.

have you already swapped out the injectors with known good ones?

i'm assuming the head gasket wasn't put on upside down.

the oil cooler was flushed correct?

starter injector may be bad.

you know, since the car sits quite a bit, condensation may have built up in the intake. try replacing your PCV parts, run the car and get it warmed up to evaporate any condensation that may have formed anywhere in the intake, and vacuum related reservoirs, etc...

it has to be built up condensation given the sedentary state of the car.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

thanks jonahs. im adhd and picked up alot of bad habits at corollacarclub.com. :oops:

i forgot to drain the oil cooler

the headgasket was place correctly.

the 5th injector doesnt fire at all.

i beleive the compression tester is no good!!!

the intake with the head (but seperated)was thoroughly cleaned and hot tanked.

but im almost posotive the head is warped. i have major crankcase pressure and i mean major!!!

i flushed the whole coolant system and it now reeks like gas\combustion.

the amount of water thats in the oil with only 5min run time is unbelievable.

also im now burning water through the exsaust which didnt happen before.

but!!!!!!!

the car starts and runs ALOT better. still bogs out but nowhere near as bad

also i do not believe it s rich from the injectors. i believe its rich from misfires. i could be wrong. but the injectors are clicking cleanly.

thanks for the help everyone it is greatly appreciated!!!!

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

i may have another head i can spare. let me check tomorrow. i'll also check it to see if it's within spec as far as warping is concerned.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

thanks jonas your a good man

also if you want to come over it would be alot quicker for me and my little brother to go over these things so you can see whats going on.

p.s. what do you want for it?

mooreofmick

Post by mooreofmick »

yes thanks for getting us back on track, we didnt flush the oil cooler and we have not changed out the injectors we could try that on monday and we can also swap all my egr stuff too alan

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

we rigged the egr no to open remember. and tested it afterwards.

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

mick plan for pulling my head back off wednesday and getting it up to the machine shop for a mill and magnaflux. ill go from there,p thanks mark i might be taking you up on that offer!!