Question about setting up a coupe for drifting

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

nt66

Post by nt66 »

joel26 wrote:

so ur saying that just good suspension parts will make drift ready to try to compete...? and try to avoid any chassis distortion and frame twisting...lmao if any can happen...? :D
im not sure what your asking here. corollas will drift fine in bone stock form I learned in mine when it was bone stock. I am just saying the frames on these cars are not very sound and they flex a lot I acctually found broken factory seem welds from the car flexing when I did mine. I also noticed a pretty big diffrence in the way the car drove after stitch welding it. All I am saying is that it cost very little to stitch weld the car like one spool of wire would do the entire car. It will take a million man hours and may or may not be worth it depending on how serious you are about drifting but it will make a diffrence
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

nt66 wrote:
corollas will drift fine in bone stock form I learned in mine when it was bone stock. I am just saying the frames on these cars are not very sound and they flex a lot . I also noticed a pretty big diffrence in the way the car drove after stitch welding it. All I am saying is that it cost very little to stitch weld the car like one spool of wire would do the entire car. It will take a million man hours and may or may not be worth it depending on how serious you are about drifting but it will make a diffrence
FOLLOW EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID. It all depends on what YOU want to do with it. If your serious like Will P. then I would say go ahead and do it but if not then suspension parts will do perfect! :D

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

nt66 wrote:
joel26 wrote:

so ur saying that just good suspension parts will make drift ready to try to compete...? and try to avoid any chassis distortion and frame twisting...lmao if any can happen...? :D
im not sure what your asking here. corollas will drift fine in bone stock form I learned in mine when it was bone stock. I am just saying the frames on these cars are not very sound and they flex a lot I acctually found broken factory seem welds from the car flexing when I did mine. I also noticed a pretty big diffrence in the way the car drove after stitch welding it. All I am saying is that it cost very little to stitch weld the car like one spool of wire would do the entire car. It will take a million man hours and may or may not be worth it depending on how serious you are about drifting but it will make a diffrence

i guess that answere it preetty good again thanks for all the info guys i really appreciate it....... :D