Brake master cylinder and more help.

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Nasser

Brake master cylinder and more help.

Post by Nasser »

ok so i haven't been on this forum for like a month now and im back.
decided to start it up finished my hydraulic e brake built a bracket and yeah.
one of my bleeder valves is stuck so it wont work due to the air in the line but on the drive home they started to stick like hell i smelt burning brakes so when i stepped out to look the rotors were glowing red. why is it doing this? i know will was telling me before using a cmc would not work because it doesn't have a pressure release valve or whatever but why the hell is it doing this when i used a brake master cylinder? now i did block off the rear port on the bmc because i only needed 1 (the front one) could blocking off the rear port on it be where i went wrong on this or is it just something else?

also their is clunking in my rack and pinion its all loose, it is a p/s rack but i never ran a loop of hose through it with oil ive been driving it around dry. dunno if thats the cause or not but i remember on dreamsofdrifting.com one of migs write ups showed how to fix the clunk in the steering so that could very well be it however his site is down so i don't know what the deal is with it.

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

i just reread your post. it sounds like it isnt releasing properly is it an old master cylinder?
Last edited by ga_goosh on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

yes it is off another ae86 that was junked but it seems to be working fine does not leak anywhere and the piston is fully retracting. could it be that having that 1 port blocked off is messing it up?

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

it could be. i wonder if it would work better if you put both lines into one and use the front and rear to push fluid into one line
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

nt66

Post by nt66 »

if the master is pushed in at ALL it will more than likely do this
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

nt66 wrote:if the master is pushed in at ALL it will more than likely do this
huuuu? what do u mean if what is pushed in at all what will it do?
it is fully retracted i am pretty sure the piston retracts all the way until the plate holding the pushrod hits the coter pin so the piston is sitting behind that plate. maybe that 1/10th of an inch plate causes it to not completley retract and not release pressure?

but yes gagoosh that is a good point because with the plug off either port it will compress in and out fine (spitting fluid ofcourse) but when its plugged it acts like the calipar piston is allready engaged and it does not want to budge but maybe 1/4th of an inch.
Last edited by Nasser on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nt66

Post by nt66 »

if the piston is moved in at all it will block off the bleed port so when the brakes get hot the fluid will expand and have no were to go so it will start locking the brakes up
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i doubt it has anything to do with it not retracting because it retracts all the way, i think the pistons inside are linked and move with each other so having that one plugged up prevents it to compress the fluid at all and could very well be blocking off the other piston i will try to T the lines and see what happens from their.

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

shit i checked vatozone,advanced,autoparts,oriley,home depot,ace hardware and none of them have a T fitting for a size 3/16ths could some1 help me out here as far as what i should do?

ga_goosh
VIP Member

Post by ga_goosh »

i dont know if this will fit your brake lines but go to the junk yard and get a proportioning valve from a honda. they go from one to two and it might proportion the cylinder better since you are using the whole bmc on just the rear also the two halves are seperate from each other. here is a pic

I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i just ordered a T fitting for my brake lines for 3 bux off the net hopefully it helps most likely it frees it up and allows the piston to move rather than with that plug before. hopefully that was the problem of it not releasing pressure as well.

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

from the gettohhh :lol: :lol: the 90 degree plate was built from a water inlet plate on a 3tc and some extra pieces of metal off a workout bench with a free master cylinder all i bought was on clearance lines and a Tee fitting welds on the tranny tunnel are like an inch big and can be grinded down and bondoed over if needed to in the future. :lol: <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqcHST7-a2g&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqcHST7-a2g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> click watch in hd to see a bit better. :twisted: :twisted:

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

i never saw this working properly from the get go....
JDM AE86/AE92

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

CBR_TOY wrote:i never saw this working properly from the get go....
well thats one thing we have in common :lol:

DjSpecter

Post by DjSpecter »

Nasser wrote:
CBR_TOY wrote:i never saw this working properly from the get go....
well thats one thing we have in common :lol:
:lol: :lol: