stock part numbers

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

stock part numbers

Post by landslideATX »

so i got new break pads for the rear. or so i thought. took everything off. and found out they were the wrong pads. (i haven't worked on a corolla in over a year) so yeah, i was wondering if there was a place i could get parts numbers so i don't have to wait a week for stuff to come in just to find out its the wrong part.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: stock part numbers

Post by dr.occa »

landslideATX wrote:so i got new break pads for the rear. or so i thought. took everything off. and found out they were the wrong pads. (i haven't worked on a corolla in over a year) so yeah, i was wondering if there was a place i could get parts numbers so i don't have to wait a week for stuff to come in just to find out its the wrong part.
do you have to have original toyota parts in regards to brake pads?

if so, check out the ToyoDIY sticky in the Tech Reference section.

if you're fine with aftermarket, go to rockauto.com or all the auto parts stores online e.g. O'reillys, Advance Auto, Autozone, NAPA, Carquest. they'll have part numbers for you to reference.

rockauto is good because when you find your part, you can cross reference it to see what other cars use the same part number.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

well whats happening is my friend works at advanced, we type in the correct car but it always gives us the wrong parts. i've never been able to walk into an auto parts store and get a part for the corolla first time around in stock. i should just start recording the part numbers when i do get them right.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

landslideATX wrote:well whats happening is my friend works at advanced, we type in the correct car but it always gives us the wrong parts. i've never been able to walk into an auto parts store and get a part for the corolla first time around in stock. i should just start recording the part numbers when i do get them right.
i've got all the part numbers that i repeatedly need or reference in my phone notes.