Clutch: to kick or not to kick...

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

BlackTruenoAE86
Tourist

Post by BlackTruenoAE86 »

I guess it's your style of driving... Im not saying they are strong, Im just saying that some are stronger than others since most of these trannys are 20 years plus. you dont know how the previous owner treated them and maintained them. Its not a fact of if you drive it hard enough, its the fact how you drive. John Yim use to drive his corollas hard I dont think he ever went thru a tranny. and he had like 185rwhp and clutch kicks everywhere... I do agree they aren't the strongest trannys though.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

BlackTruenoAE86 wrote:I guess it's your style of driving... Im not saying they are strong, Im just saying that some are stronger than others since most of these trannys are 20 years plus. you dont know how the previous owner treated them and maintained them. Its not a fact of if you drive it hard enough, its the fact how you drive. John Yim use to drive his corollas hard I dont think he ever went thru a tranny. and he had like 185rwhp and clutch kicks everywhere... I do agree they aren't the strongest trannys though.
agreed B. i have used inertia and clutch kicking and am still on one tranny. it does depend on the condition of the tranny when you inherit it. essentially that's how you get it, through inheritance. very few buy a new T50. the W50 is a popular "upgrade" and there are adapter plates available to mate it to the 4A block.

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

thats what i am saying i got it from the first owner who was a nice old Filipino man who happened to work with my dad and his kids said the car was ugly and it sat for 4 or 5 years then i got it and put in some royal purple tranny fluid and its held up to the beatings i give it perfectly if any of you have watched the way ueo drives all he does is clutch kick like shiiit.

BlackTruenoAE86
Tourist

Yeah, Out of all the events that I know UEO has particupated in he has only had tranny problems 3 times, and thats not alot considering how hard he drives and how many events he participates in.

nt66

Post by nt66 »

BlackTruenoAE86 wrote:Yeah, Out of all the events that I know UEO has particupated in he has only had tranny problems 3 times, and thats not alot considering how hard he drives and how many events he participates in.
yeah but ueo trd gear sets are a little diffrent than stock t50 plus 3 trannys that you know of means he has blown a lot behind the scenes. Nasser you have just barely started drifting so I dont understand how you figure its perfect none of mine blew up after one event It was multiple events that did them in even changing the fluid after every event hasnt helped they are made of glass. Just wait if you drift your car on a regular basis you will have tranny problems trust me.
http://www.facebook.com/willparsonsracing
www.willparsonsdrift.com

BlackTruenoAE86
Tourist

nt66 wrote:
BlackTruenoAE86 wrote:Yeah, Out of all the events that I know UEO has particupated in he has only had tranny problems 3 times, and thats not alot considering how hard he drives and how many events he participates in.
yeah but ueo trd gear sets are a little diffrent than stock t50 plus 3 trannys that you know of means he has blown a lot behind the scenes. Nasser you have just barely started drifting so I dont understand how you figure its perfect none of mine blew up after one event It was multiple events that did them in even changing the fluid after every event hasnt helped they are made of glass. Just wait if you drift your car on a regular basis you will have tranny problems trust me.
You do have a point on the trd gears, and of course I'm sure he has blwn others that we dont know of. Not all his cars have TRD gearing so keep that in mind anyways...Yes T50s aren't the strongest and some have better luck than others. seems like Will has had pretty bad luck and should run a w series tranny hahaha with my luck I'll go to the next event and blow my tranny DAMNIT I'm jinxing my self hahaha

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

nt66 wrote:
so i'm doomed.....
JDM AE86/AE92

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i doubt he has always had trd gear sets even on the older vids with his n/a 16v it listed like all the mods and it does not show that and he always clutch kicks like shit. i know something bad down the road will happen but i am trying not to gynx myself all has been going good for me so far and i hope for a good car that will be very reliable even as a daily drifter i guess we will just have to see what happens but its definitely not going to stop me from clutch kicking if the t50 is really as HORRIBLE as you make it sound and does become that much of a problem their is alternatives the az6 swap or if i do a ka24de-t im sure the tranny will hold up just fine but i can barley even think str8 right now i am super dizzy and threw up from this damn hooka i feel like shhitt oh yeah and i got to clutch kick today a turbo skoda drivers ed car :) its for my cousin and he let me drive it its a 6 speed turbo sounds like a very quite impreza kinda lotsa fun

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

you seriously need to punctuate or indent or something....
JDM AE86/AE92

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

i know sorry i will do it in my future posts.

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Post by o.g.darkdrifter »

Drifting is fun........ beat the hell out of your car, break stuff, fix it, and keep having fun. I'd rather not hold myself back on something for the sake of not breaking anything. It's going to happen sooner or later might as well go all out. (shrug)
Noob since 2004

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

IVe got this shirt... says "Drift and destroy" Thats how it goes.

However, sometimes clutch kicking can cause you to oversteer and go outta control, but it takes more talent to clutch kick a welded diff and low power more than anything.
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]

CBR_TOY

Post by CBR_TOY »

just have fun and go balls to the wall.... i drift my car like it's my worst enemy.
JDM AE86/AE92

hvguy

Post by hvguy »

CBR_TOY wrote:just have fun and go balls to the wall.... i drift my car like it's my worst enemy.
HELL YEAH!!! that's a good way of seeing it.
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2m6keid.jpg[/img]

o.g.darkdrifter
Tourist

Post by o.g.darkdrifter »

LMAO. This is why I miss the ae86 scene. People actually want to drive their cars hard. Not that BS s-chassis scene stuff where they want to baby their cars and wash them with baby wipes and clean their wheels with q-tips.
Noob since 2004