celica gt-s dif

General Technical Topics

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

landslideATX
VIP Member

celica gt-s dif

Post by landslideATX »

i have a friend that has an 85 celica gt-s, he wants to get a dif but we don't know what car we can get it from. like with 240's you can get a j3o dif and it swaps in. what kind of car can we get a dif from for this car? he's new to drifting also so welding would be down the line if at all. lol. let me know, thanks.
[img]http://i9.tinypic.com/832gfm9.jpg[/img]
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: celica gt-s dif

Post by dr.occa »

landslideATX wrote:i have a friend that has an 85 celica gt-s, he wants to get a dif but we don't know what car we can get it from. like with 240's you can get a j3o dif and it swaps in. what kind of car can we get a dif from for this car? he's new to drifting also so welding would be down the line if at all. lol. let me know, thanks.
if i'm not mistaken, the 85 celica GT-S has I.R.S. (independent rear suspension). This is a bit difficult so if you would, get the chassis code and post it up. it's the one on the firewall under the hood.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Re: celica gt-s dif

Post by landslideATX »

dr.occa wrote:
landslideATX wrote:i have a friend that has an 85 celica gt-s, he wants to get a dif but we don't know what car we can get it from. like with 240's you can get a j3o dif and it swaps in. what kind of car can we get a dif from for this car? he's new to drifting also so welding would be down the line if at all. lol. let me know, thanks.
if i'm not mistaken, the 85 celica GT-S has I.R.S. (independent rear suspension). This is a bit difficult so if you would, get the chassis code and post it up. it's the one on the firewall under the hood.
cool, i'll get that as soon as i can.
"Now their greatest enemy is chlamydia, a disease also found in humans. This disease is transmitted by sexual contact, and it has killed over three thousand koalas in the last year."

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

if hes got an open weld it a celica will hold up to it just fine, other of that people sometimes use the same year supra lsd if you can find one and also people have got a center chunk from the 79 GT to drop in the 85 st i dont know if the st and gts have the same rear ends thou i hope this helps good luck thou man.

landslideATX
VIP Member

Post by landslideATX »

projectredae86 wrote:if hes got an open weld it a celica will hold up to it just fine, other of that people sometimes use the same year supra lsd if you can find one and also people have got a center chunk from the 79 GT to drop in the 85 st i dont know if the st and gts have the same rear ends thou i hope this helps good luck thou man.
we would weld it but he's new to drifting and isn't ready for a full locked dif. he would kill himself. lol. but thanks for the info.

Nasser

Post by Nasser »

landslideATX wrote:
projectredae86 wrote:if hes got an open weld it a celica will hold up to it just fine, other of that people sometimes use the same year supra lsd if you can find one and also people have got a center chunk from the 79 GT to drop in the 85 st i dont know if the st and gts have the same rear ends thou i hope this helps good luck thou man.
we would weld it but he's new to drifting and isn't ready for a full locked dif. he would kill himself. lol. but thanks for the info.
sure thing man.