8/6 day-2k15

Drift Series & local one-offs, Gymkhana, Auto-X, Road Racing (i.e. NASA Pro Racing), Car shows, Local & Regional Meets

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

EvilCerealBoX
Tourist

Re: 8/6 day-2k15

Post by EvilCerealBoX »

Welp, soon as we decide on a location we can push forward with getting people there.

I mean while I think Bear Creek sounds like a good idea. People, like myself, who live in DFW might not wanna drive 5 hours. That being said perhaps Austin is in fact the best location for a meet like this. I know McKinney falls just outside of Austin is a nice place if we want to stick with a state park/park location.
myspace.com/MasterCylinderMusicX
and
TE72 + 2jzge build

demby123
Tourist

Post by demby123 »

Went with the frs/brz guys on a run on the twisted sisters for 2014. was REALLY fun. I'd vote for austin only if a twisted sisters trip was in it but otherwise i'd rather not drive 5 hours or so. I also think the meet should be on the weekend, easier for people to come out if its not on a work day.

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

demby123 wrote:Went with the frs/brz guys on a run on the twisted sisters for 2014. was REALLY fun. I'd vote for austin only if a twisted sisters trip was in it but otherwise i'd rather not drive 5 hours or so. I also think the meet should be on the weekend, easier for people to come out if its not on a work day.
agreed it usually is a Fri, Sat, Sun. every year from what I remember, which always seems to work out. This year i'll definitely request those days off in advance once the location is set in stone
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

GreatGorilla
Tourist

Post by GreatGorilla »

So when will this take place? If I can get my 86 done in time I would love to take it out. If not I'll take out the frs.. Shame that it was branded as scion : :cry:

milchmann

Post by milchmann »

GreatGorilla wrote:So when will this take place? If I can get my 86 done in time I would love to take it out. If not I'll take out the frs.. Shame that it was branded as scion : :cry:
Those Scion badges come off real easy, and Toyota replacement badges are not expensive!

I am in the same boat as you ... except my GT86 does not have US only branding on it. :P

GreatGorilla
Tourist

Post by GreatGorilla »

milchmann wrote:
GreatGorilla wrote:So when will this take place? If I can get my 86 done in time I would love to take it out. If not I'll take out the frs.. Shame that it was branded as scion : :cry:
Those Scion badges come off real easy, and Toyota replacement badges are not expensive!

I am in the same boat as you ... except my GT86 does not have US only branding on it. :P

Yea I got it changed over. Only thing left is the steering wheel.. Looking me dead in the face haha

EvilCerealBoX
Tourist

Post by EvilCerealBoX »

This year 8-6 is on a Thursday, unfortunately.

Side note: As a joke we should paste Scion emblems on the 86s. XD
and
TE72 + 2jzge build

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

EvilCerealBoX wrote:This year 8-6 is on a Thursday, unfortunately.

that sucks but we can still make it a weekend deal, we'll all know it's about the 86 life at the end of the day lol
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

GreatGorilla
Tourist

Post by GreatGorilla »

EvilCerealBoX wrote:This year 8-6 is on a Thursday, unfortunately.

:snicker: Our 86s would want to commit suicide

EvilCerealBoX
Tourist

Post by EvilCerealBoX »

Indeed...

I vote we hold this holiday on the following weekend. Most likely the following Saturday. Which would be the 8th... So 8/8 day? It kinda works! <_<

Anyways, unless someone has a huge opposition to holding the event this year on the 8th instead of the 6th, I will assume that is when it shall occur. If you want to show up early on that Friday you're more than welcome. The late night car meets happen on Saturday anyways.

Now that we have a time fixed, I think Austin will be the best bet again. (sorry Houston).

Does anyone have suggestions for the actual host location in the Austin area? Maybe if we ask nicely a dealership would be down for hosting? We did that once at a volvo meet and turned out ok.
and
TE72 + 2jzge build

demby123
Tourist

Post by demby123 »

EvilCerealBoX wrote:Indeed...

I vote we hold this holiday on the following weekend. Most likely the following Saturday. Which would be the 8th... So 8/8 day? It kinda works! <_<
Well the gts is an ae88...

milchmann

Post by milchmann »

Tyson does not get on here much anymore, but I am fairly sure he would be more than happy to host again. I will ask / tell him about it.

EvilCerealBoX
Tourist

Post by EvilCerealBoX »

That'd be cool. Does his family still own the location off of 620? I thought it was named something else last time I went.

I was still thinking McKinney Falls state park would be nice depending on weather. It's a nice little area.

I mean is Austin going to be ok for the Houston crew?
and
TE72 + 2jzge build

GreatGorilla
Tourist

Post by GreatGorilla »

Austin isn't bad. Its a little over 2 hours from me so I'm happy with it.. Now to just get the days off

milchmann

Post by milchmann »

McKinney Falls sounds like a good idea. I talked to Tyson the other day and he is game as well.

I am not sure if they have a location off of 620 or not. The William Cannon Pho Thaison location and McKinney Falls are 12 miles -- 15 minutes apart though.

Perhaps Friday night Thaison's for anyone that is already in town, and then Saturday everyone meets at McKinney Falls?