8/6 day-2k15

Drift Series & local one-offs, Gymkhana, Auto-X, Road Racing (i.e. NASA Pro Racing), Car shows, Local & Regional Meets

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

EvilCerealBoX
Tourist

Re: 8/6 day-2k15

Post by EvilCerealBoX »

Saturday night if anyone is down I understand there is still a pretty decent-sized car meet near Fry's or somewhere on northside of Austin. If anyone is interested. I think last time I went (many moons ago) a group of people went downtown that Saturday night.
myspace.com/MasterCylinderMusicX
and
TE72 + 2jzge build

JDMwhiteboy
VIP Member

Post by JDMwhiteboy »

I went to atx in 2013 and had a blast. Austin works the best because if we hold it in Dallas or Houston, people complain about driving. Last year we had a mini meet in Dallas for the dfw and that was a good turn out. Since we are ahead of the curve we should try to get a group discount rate for a hotel.
I like cars, food, and puppies.

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

2013 was good! Im going to try to get my car going again to make it this year

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

I haven't been in years to a meet. Even then, I only had an ae92. ae86 isn't far at all from being driveable (brakes and tires mainly), but no way would it be street legal in time. Been pushing all year, but money only stretches so far. If it were driving, I might risk running it around Houston, but couldn't dare a trip out to atx lol. Austin trips are nice though, Good choice. We should make the 2016 trip a bad ass one. I'll make it for sure.
There are no spare parts, only unfinished projects.

1985 ae86 hatch 7age (coming soon to a parking lot near you)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

cdixon311 wrote:I haven't been in years to a meet. Even then, I only had an ae92. ae86 isn't far at all from being driveable (brakes and tires mainly), but no way would it be street legal in time. Been pushing all year, but money only stretches so far. If it were driving, I might risk running it around Houston, but couldn't dare a trip out to atx lol. Austin trips are nice though, Good choice. We should make the 2016 trip a bad ass one. I'll make it for sure.
what else you need to make it legal?
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

well just to get it driving, I need to order tires, and get the master cylinder hooked up. I couldn't find my lines last weekend. I can fab some if needed, then get brakes and clutch bled of course. Seat belts might be a problem. I need to look at them. They aren't installed, and I've never used them, but they don't seem to move it all even if you hit the release lever. I already got new mirrors, and most of my lights work, but I haven't looked at the front turn signals and shit yet. At the least, I need new orange glass for them. It may be possible to get it all done in time, but then I prob won't have money to travel anyways, plus Ive never driven the car, so a long road trip might not be the best idea till I've had time to break it in.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

how well does the 86 drive without a tps?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

completely understandable, fresh rebuild? and honestly i've never driven without a tps BUT there are people who have ran without them with no issues i've heard. I may have some spares left i had about 3 last time i checked

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

Oh and I forgot exhaust. I grabbed a free coffee can type setup from a friend, but it needs some welding done to it, and honestly IDK if I can deal with that much rice. Yea it's a fresh build. I've had the car 4 or 5 years, and spent the last two building it. Engine was running on 8/6 last year after a rebuild. Originally the car was a sr5. I'm running a 7age. Still gonna try to take that first drive by 8/6, even if I can't make it.

If you have an extra TPS you're willing to part with, lmk. I don't think it's critical, but I'll need one eventually. Got the brake lines installed last night. Gonna order tires soon, but I'll have to get them mounted. Once I bleed the brakes and clutch the car should run. I still need to re-install my oem seats and figure out why my seat belts don't seem to be working.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

bleh, also forgot that I still need to wire in an electric fan. Haha, wouldn't make it that far down the road without one.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

cdixon311 wrote:Oh and I forgot exhaust. I grabbed a free coffee can type setup from a friend, but it needs some welding done to it, and honestly IDK if I can deal with that much rice. Yea it's a fresh build. I've had the car 4 or 5 years, and spent the last two building it. Engine was running on 8/6 last year after a rebuild. Originally the car was a sr5. I'm running a 7age. Still gonna try to take that first drive by 8/6, even if I can't make it.

If you have an extra TPS you're willing to part with, lmk. I don't think it's critical, but I'll need one eventually. Got the brake lines installed last night. Gonna order tires soon, but I'll have to get them mounted. Once I bleed the brakes and clutch the car should run. I still need to re-install my oem seats and figure out why my seat belts don't seem to be working.
yea no problem let me dig through some stuff you can have all of them if i can find them they were all working i snagged them at the junkyard and kept all of them for backups just incase

cdixon311

Post by cdixon311 »

I just found this posted on FB for DWF meet on 8/9

https://www.facebook.com/events/672996519498047/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6050