8/6 Day 2013 - August 2nd - 4th - AUSTIN, TX

Drift Series & local one-offs, Gymkhana, Auto-X, Road Racing (i.e. NASA Pro Racing), Car shows, Local & Regional Meets

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Re: 8/6 Day 2013 - August 2nd - 4th - AUSTIN, TX

Post by daveskatesallday »

bt20v wrote:Dave the first 8/6 meet started in Houston then hit Austin and San Antonio....so it's been there briefly lol...thanks Jonas I appreciate it...if I can make it happen you will know

did it? shit i must live under a rock haha well the first one i went to was in atx and yea the satx one was quite a while back time flies eh
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

It started in HOU only because that's where we were driving from on our way to SA & AUS. I'd say we were in HOU long enough to wake up, get gas, load up (we were already loaded the day before btw) and head out. So technically it started in Houston but then technically you could say 8/6 day started where ever everyone was before they left for SA & AUS - final destination.

pecx
Zeus - Ultra Mega Admin

Post by pecx »

So will there be a little gathering in Houston before heading out to Austin? I might be able to join in-town meet. :D

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

BTW for those that have yet to drive on Lime Creek, it is a very unforgiving road so I wouldn't advise trying to show off or keeping up with me. :P

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

Nice, Im looking forward to Lime Creek!

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

hotdoghogie wrote:BTW for those that have yet to drive on Lime Creek, it is a very unforgiving road so I wouldn't advise trying to show off or keeping up with me. :P

I hope i can get the day off i miss lime creek!
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

hotdoghogie wrote:BTW for those that have yet to drive on Lime Creek, it is a very unforgiving road so I wouldn't advise trying to show off or keeping up with me. :P
I don't think my car goes that slow Dennis ;P

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »

FRIDAY:
Alright yall, so Friday night, let's plan to meet at Pho Thaison William Cannon after you get checked into your hotel/motels/friend's couches.

This way we can sit and chill and grab some food/brews and catch up with one anothers' builds, etc. Then from there, we can head off to a local bar/pub if we wanted to grab some more drinks and stuff.

SATURDAY
Then Saturday, we've got the meet up and cruise with the FT86 club from Round Rock Donuts to Salt Lick in Driftwood.

What did you want to do after that? I'm thinking head "home" and shower/clean up and go out and hit up 6th? Or downtown in general? We can get ultrafaded if we feel like it and cab it back hahah.

SUNDAY
And when is everyone leaving? Did we want to get breakfast tacos on Monday? AKA LET'S GO TO JUAN IN A MILLION AND GET SOME DON JUAN'S

LET ME KNOW
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

yotarolla

Post by yotarolla »

^^Sounds good to me^^

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I'll have to start heading back Sunday but other than that, I like the itinerary Thaison. :tu:

We should schedule when and where to take a pic for 8/6 day too.

efrue57
Tourist

Post by efrue57 »

It's awesome this is looking like it will have a great turn out. I won't lie though, more people are showing up than I really anticipated. Not that that's a bad thing, I just didn't expect as many cars this. That being said, to help accommodate everyone and so no one gets left behind, I think a few slight changes need to be made.

I'm still heading to RR donuts. Whoever else wants to do so, just be prepared for terrible traffic and a bit of a wait.
autobrz - FT86club.com wrote:for those who like breakfast tacos juarez in round rock is pretty good just s couple minutes from rr donuts
This is a great alternative. Or if you want to grab something somewhere else, by all means, go ahead.

I propose that we all meet at a designated time somewhere with more parking. Just a quick search on Google Maps and I saw a decent size parking lot on the NE corner of I35 and Palm Valley Road that is right in route with the planned route. I'm not from the area so if someone who lives down there has a better alternative, I'm all for it. I'm thinking we meet there at 11:30 and stick around until 12:00. That will give plenty of time for people who might be getting caught in traffic or are running behind. At 12:00 we head out. We will need 1 car to lead (I'll probably do it) and one car to be at the tail who is in communication with me. We follow the planned route until we get to the corner of Anderson Mill Road and Lime Creek Road where we will stop on the shoulder until I hear word from the tail car that everyone has caught up. At the end of Lime Creek we get back to Anderson Mill Road and follow it to Ranch Road 620. We stay on route until we get to Hamilton Pool Road. We do the same thing a little ways down Hamilton Pool Road as we did at the beginning of Lime Creek and Anderson Mill, pull over and wait to hear word from the tail car that everyone has caught up. After that it seems to be mostly light traffic until we reach The Salt Lick in Driftwood.

efrue57
Tourist

Post by efrue57 »

AznTKDmstr wrote:FRIDAY:
Alright yall, so Friday night, let's plan to meet at Pho Thaison William Cannon after you get checked into your hotel/motels/friend's couches.

This way we can sit and chill and grab some food/brews and catch up with one anothers' builds, etc. Then from there, we can head off to a local bar/pub if we wanted to grab some more drinks and stuff.

SATURDAY
Then Saturday, we've got the meet up and cruise with the FT86 club from Round Rock Donuts to Salt Lick in Driftwood.

What did you want to do after that? I'm thinking head "home" and shower/clean up and go out and hit up 6th? Or downtown in general? We can get ultrafaded if we feel like it and cab it back hahah.

SUNDAY
And when is everyone leaving? Did we want to get breakfast tacos on Monday? AKA LET'S GO TO JUAN IN A MILLION AND GET SOME DON JUAN'S

LET ME KNOW
All this look great for the before and after meet activities!!

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »

Sounds great! I would love to be tail car, buttt stripped interior and no widows make ot dofficult to hear a damn thing, hahaha. As im sure it is with the rest of us ae86 guys
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

nexus4400

Post by nexus4400 »

this sounds like fun. where is everybody staying? I don't mind packing with some other 86er's in a hotel room.

efrue57
Tourist

Post by efrue57 »

Turkish - FT86club.com wrote:So just want to warn everyone of a few speed traps along the route. Williamson County, where we will be starting the route, is extremely strict and when they catch wind of a bunch of sports cars driving through their jurisdiction, they will be like hawks. Also, Lime Creek Rd usually has two Travis County Sheriff vehicles parked at the beginning and end of the road, sometimes they position additional cars around the turns too. We will also be passing through Lakeway on RM 620, the speed limit is 50mph and they WILL pull you over if you exceed that (I received a written warning for going 6mph over). Just a friendly heads up for everyone!