8/6 Day 2013 - August 2nd - 4th - AUSTIN, TX

Drift Series & local one-offs, Gymkhana, Auto-X, Road Racing (i.e. NASA Pro Racing), Car shows, Local & Regional Meets

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

McKenney
VIP Member

Re: 8/6 Day 2013 - August 2nd - 4th - AUSTIN, TX

Post by McKenney »

besides there's Eagles Canyon, MSR, there's always Mineral Wells, not to mention a lot of awesome pubs, karaoke joints, and awesome places to grub!

milchmann

Post by milchmann »

efrue57 wrote:Updated my first post with the current list of attendees.
You should add my name to that list.

hotdoghogie

Post by hotdoghogie »

I'm down to play do some spirited driving then get all white girl wasted on 6th street! Count me in.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Austin is central to everyone in Texas. Houston hasn't seen an 8/6 day either but no big deal. There's no rule that each Texas city can't host it's own 8/6 day each year. Personally I'd prefer to attend a central location where 86 owners from all around Texas would most likely convene. People can make the rounds to the different cities annually as long as an 8/6 day is being hosted there.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing y'all in the coming weeks and I'm going to miss y'all who won't be able to make it (AGAIN :( ).

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

Post by daveskatesallday »

dr.occa wrote:Austin is central to everyone in Texas. Houston hasn't seen an 8/6 day either but no big deal. There's no rule that each city Texas city can't host it's own 8/6 day each year. Personally I'd prefer to attend a central location where 86 owners from all around Texas would most likely convene. Each year, people can make the rounds to the different cities as long as an 8/6 day is being hosted there.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing y'all in the coming weeks.

I deff agree with this one if it's too far i won't even think about it lol
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

hotdoghogie wrote:I'm down to play do some spirited driving then get all white girl wasted on 6th street! Count me in.
sounds like a good plan :tu:

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »

i dgaf haha, i'll drive everywhere in texas. now that my car(s) are reliable enough! i'll be up in dallas two weekends after 8/6 weekend! might not have my car doe...
Thaison Nguyen
1986 Corolla GT-S
1974 Corolla Deluxe Sedan
1983 Corolla Sedan
1987 Corolla GT-S
1984 Corolla SR5
1979 Corolla Liftback

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

dr.occa wrote:Austin is central to everyone in Texas. Houston hasn't seen an 8/6 day either but no big deal. There's no rule that each city Texas city can't host it's own 8/6 day each year. Personally I'd prefer to attend a central location where 86 owners from all around Texas would most likely convene. Each year, people can make the rounds to the different cities as long as an 8/6 day is being hosted there.

Ditto.

Also, i think that there are people out there that will drive to where ever and be fine with it, and there are those owners that won't even come out if it's hosted in their city. Can't win either way. Just gotta say that it's fun for those that make it, and those that dont, just miss out.

bt20v

Post by bt20v »

daveskatesallday wrote:

I don't agree with this comment really...The Dallas people always have the longest drive...maybe every couple years mixing up the location wont be a bad thing just a thought...I am trying to figure out what I am going to do at this point...the car is ready but with no job idk if I can really spare the funds for the trip and for a hotel...just been a rough couple months for me
Being a toyotaphile is hard work

1987 GTS Coupe
1985 Toyota 4 Runner Locked and Lifted
1995 4 Runner(sold)
1991 Hilux(never should have sold)
1985 Hilux(wrecked)
1985 GTS Hatch(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)

86boy

Post by 86boy »

Count me out. I didn't put my two weeks in due to the parts not being here, and things going the wrong way. Pushed me back 2-3 weeks. Car should be ready, but I won't be.
      "Praise the Lowered"
|OOO _____________ OOO|
 \________|1964|_______/
    ¯¯                          ¯¯

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: RE: 8/6 Day 2013 - August 2nd - 4th - AUSTIN, TX

Post by dr.occa »

Man. I'm sorry to hear about you being out of work Latta. I hadn't seen you in while. I do plan on coming by your hood though. I'll ask the man upstairs to find you a job.

I was hoping to see you too Haberman. But hopefully soon we'll be neighbors.

Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

daveskatesallday
VIP Member

bt20v wrote:
daveskatesallday wrote:

I don't agree with this comment really...The Dallas people always have the longest drive...maybe every couple years mixing up the location wont be a bad thing just a thought...I am trying to figure out what I am going to do at this point...the car is ready but with no job idk if I can really spare the funds for the trip and for a hotel...just been a rough couple months for me
yea true i understand where you're comming from it wouldn't kill anyone to change it up i mainly like that it's in atx since i work 14hr days and on a day i work and had to drive out of town it's less tough BUT i do understand the dallas/ftw guys do have to drive the longest, I would like to see one in houston as well but it'd be pretty cool to have a few 86 meets a year versus just one

87inaustin

Post by 87inaustin »

add me to the list ill be there

bt20v

Post by bt20v »

Dave the first 8/6 meet started in Houston then hit Austin and San Antonio....so it's been there briefly lol...thanks Jonas I appreciate it...if I can make it happen you will know
Being a toyotaphile is hard work

1987 GTS Coupe
1985 Toyota 4 Runner Locked and Lifted
1995 4 Runner(sold)
1991 Hilux(never should have sold)
1985 Hilux(wrecked)
1985 GTS Hatch(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)
1985 SR5 Coupe(sold)

AznTKDmstr

Post by AznTKDmstr »