Porsche club of america Autocross#1

Drift Series & local one-offs, Gymkhana, Auto-X, Road Racing (i.e. NASA Pro Racing), Car shows, Local & Regional Meets

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

demby123
Tourist

Porsche club of america Autocross#1

Post by demby123 »

Registration is $35 for nonmembers, limited to 65 drivers and its filling up fast. 4 more spots
http://www.clubregistration.net/driver/ ... nt_id=5038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT:2 spots left

Last edited by demby123 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: Porsche club of america Autocross#1

Post by dr.occa »

I won't be making it BUT how many runs per driver? Is it essentially the same as SCCA: 3-4 runs for a total of 5 - 10 minutes of driving and 30minutes to 1hr of shagging cones?

mandm177

Post by mandm177 »

When i was auto-x'ing i generally enjoyed PCA events more than SCCA events. They're more organized, and it's not as busy. Because of that, you do get a couple of more runs than SCCA, and i think they even let you run wild after the event is done (shaky memory).

demby123
Tourist

Post by demby123 »

dr.occa wrote:I won't be making it BUT how many runs per driver? Is it essentially the same as SCCA: 3-4 runs for a total of 5 - 10 minutes of driving and 30minutes to 1hr of shagging cones?
I think it depends on the size of the event, last two SCCA events I went to we had 5 runs. Those both had 120+ cars. When I autocrossed with S2000 club, we had 8 runs, 4 early, then a lunch break, and another 4. That was with the event limited to 65 drivers.

Since this event is also limited to 65 drivers(its probably full by now) I'm guessing they'll do 8 runs as well, but i've never run with this club, so I'm not completely certain untill they mention how many runs they're doing.

There's events by a couple of clubs evey weekend in march though, so i'll be posting these a bit earlier and more frequently if anyone's interested.

EDIT:2 more spots left

joel26
VIP Member

Post by joel26 »

Looks like a nice set up...

demby123
Tourist

Post by demby123 »

Man, my times are eerily consistant...

Maybe it's time for more power? Or should I try GTS sway bars and some cusco hard rubber lower control arm bushings in the front to prevent positive camber...?