tps settings

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

lunchbox
Tourist

Re: tps settings

Post by lunchbox »

Well about an hour in and the only timing I can set it to and have it rev completely out is around 25 btdc I set the timing to ten degrees and then moved the Tps sensor clockwise and my timing changed and went down to 7 degrees. I jump the diag port and the check engine light flashes all good

lunchbox
Tourist

Post by lunchbox »

The car will not rev past 5k if timing is set at 16 could the timing belt be off a tooth causein these problems

lunchbox
Tourist

Post by lunchbox »

Quick update I found that my exhaust cam pully was bolted on the wrong dowel pin slot according to the fsm I found online but I broke one of my coil on plug coils so I won't know till tomorrow maybe if I can get a new coil

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I was wondering if maybe one of your cams were upside down but then it shouldn't have even idled. I'm sure once you replace that bad coil and you flip that cam gear & realign everything to TDC you should be ok so long as you haven't damaged anything due to running the exhaust cam nearly 180 degrees upside down.

lunchbox
Tourist

Post by lunchbox »

It's not 180 its more like 100 maybe 120 but everything seemed pretty smooth still hopefully I didn't bend any valves but I still have to get a coil maybe tomorrow I can find one and try it out

lunchbox
Tourist

Post by lunchbox »

Still no luck I got another coil but car won't start with cam set in slot without the 5 mark

lunchbox
Tourist

Post by lunchbox »

Well I believe I found a new problem. The fsm is wrong for one but the problem is that I'm running a cop setup with standard ecu just using the dist base. Once I get the cap rotor and wire I believe all my problems will be solved if not its gonna get a Honda motor

morgan

Post by morgan »

I'm guessing you found this error...
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=87830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lunchbox
Tourist

Post by lunchbox »

Yea I thought I stumbled across that a few months ago I had to learn the hard way of doing the work twice. I'm running cop with the dist base so I'm gonna convert back to cap and rotor and see if that helps if not it will be for sale ( motor only). Anyone know where I can get 20v parts other than online

morgan

Post by morgan »

what parts in particular? some cross reference to usdm parts, check my 20v swap guide here for them. i have a dealer hookup with discount if you need anything. you should be fine with the COP, no need to convert back. dont give up either, fix it and run it.

lunchbox
Tourist

Post by lunchbox »

I know way off topic but do u know where to get an ae101 4agze swap

lunchbox
Tourist

Post by lunchbox »

Also I need a dist cap rotor and plug wires