silvertop prices

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

j1mb0
Tourist

silvertop prices

Post by j1mb0 »

Hello everyone, I just picked up a 1985 SR5 coupe that came with a 4ag and a T50. The motor had a blown head gasket and water in the engine. So I came across a 4age silvertop with a transmission for $730. The motor has 45k miles.

I was wondering if that's a good deal?

Thanks for your opinions

mandm177

Re: silvertop prices

Post by mandm177 »

if its a fwd transmission, you won't need it. dose the silvertop come with the ecu and engine harness?

i bought my blacktop longblock (engine, accessories, no ecu, no wiring harness, no transmission) for $500 on ebay, and its still going strong.

if you want a blacktop, talk to Jonathon, aka BT20v, i think he has one for sale.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

The harness and ecu is what'll cost you some. If it didn't come with either harness or ecu see about scoring a blacktop harness (w/ sensors of course) and ecu.

j1mb0
Tourist

Post by j1mb0 »

Will a blacktop ecu and wiring harness work with the silvertop?

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

j1mb0 wrote:Will a blacktop ecu and wiring harness work with the silvertop?
Yes; that's why I suggested it.

JDM AE86

Post by JDM AE86 »

Your going to be in it for $2500 or more by the time your done with it. Id just build up a bad ass 16 valve that you can very easy get parts for.
http://facebook.com/86levin

AE86silverred

Post by AE86silverred »

I have a silvertop Ecu and mass air flow .. If u need it.. Also I have the air box with the inlet welded on the front of the block so
Let me know if you need any of them ..
mandm177 wrote:if its a fwd transmission, you won't need it. dose the silvertop come with the ecu and engine harness?

i bought my blacktop longblock (engine, accessories, no ecu, no wiring harness, no transmission) for $500 on ebay, and its still going strong.

if you want a blacktop, talk to Jonathon, aka BT20v, i think he has one for sale.
Dude good for you ive bought 2 and they booth started to knock on me .. So in the prosses of rebuilding the 2nd one.. :?

nexus09
Tourist

Post by nexus09 »

I got my ST with trans, shift links, 2 harnesses and a bad ecu for $450. It was very cheap and i just happen to know a guy that knew a guy that had one.

Sam-Q
Tourist

Post by Sam-Q »

JDM AE86 wrote:Your going to be in it for $2500 or more by the time your done with it. Id just build up a bad ass 16 valve that you can very easy get parts for.
I would like to hear what parts you would buy with that cash with a 16V
-- My website --

http://s-86.com
Articles, Parts for sale, services, projects, pics...