need help finding where my fuel pressure gauge attaches

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

87inaustin

need help finding where my fuel pressure gauge attaches

Post by 87inaustin »

so i got a electric fuel pressure gauge and i need to find where on the car it GOES ON ENGINE ... says preferably at the fuel rail ?? BUT WERE please help the tread size is 1/8'' - 27 NPT

PICTURES HELP A BUNCH

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Re: need help finding where my fuel pressure gauge attaches

Post by dr.occa »

87inaustin wrote:so i got a electric fuel pressure gauge and i need to find where on the car it GOES ON ENGINE ... says preferably at the fuel rail ?? BUT WERE please help the tread size is 1/8'' - 27 NPT

PICTURES HELP A BUNCH
You'll most likely need to pull the rail (or if you have a spare one) and drill & tap the end closest to the firewall.

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

Here are other examples where people have installed them in what looks to be a common location on the rail:

87inaustin

Post by 87inaustin »

SOUNDS LIKE WAY TO MUCH WORK I AM NOT A PRO !! :) SO ANY WAYS I DID A LITTLE RESEARCH I AM RUNNING BRAIDED 6AN HOSE AND I SAW SOME ONE PUT ONE OF THESE FITTINGS ON THERE TRUCK WONDERING IF THIS WOULD WORK

FYI <LAZZY> I CAN BOLT ON TO THE CAR AS IS I DONT REALLY WANT TO TAKE MY FUEL LINE APART BUT I WILL IF I HAVE TOO
Attachments
FITTING.jpg
FITTING.jpg (47.62 KiB) Viewed 2269 times

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

That can work too.

You'll need to change your fuel line from the fuel filter though.

This is what I mean:

Fuel filter ->banjo bolt to -6 an female->-6 an male to braided hose fitting->braided hose->-6 an male to braided hose fitting->-6an female to 1/8" npt w/ -6 an male->-6 an female to male (whatever the size and thread pitch is to the banjo bolt on the fuel rail) adapter.

Make sense?

assassin10000
Tourist

Post by assassin10000 »

Meh.

I use this: http://www.amazon.com/46054-Fuel-Pressu ... 976&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Replaces the top bolt in the fuel filter and works perfectly, don't use the 90 degree fitting. I'm sure you can get just the bolt from somewhere though, I think it's 1/8 NPT.

Andrew

87inaustin

Post by 87inaustin »

i got it done !! "yay" It came out looking really clean i put it right after the fuel pump . The gauge company said its a good location i was thinking i had to put it close to my fuel rail .

LMAO

thank yall peeps

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

assassin10000 wrote:Meh.

I use this: http://www.amazon.com/46054-Fuel-Pressu ... 976&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Replaces the top bolt in the fuel filter and works perfectly, don't use the 90 degree fitting. I'm sure you can get just the bolt from somewhere though, I think it's 1/8 NPT.

Andrew
Completely forgot about that. Good call.