blacktop is trippin man...

Strictly 20valve engine related topics.

Moderators: dr.occa, CBR_TOY

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

blacktop is trippin man...

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

okay everything is pretty much connected. except the o2 sensor... and everytime i rev up to 4 rpm and let go it turns off... now brad from engine logics was nice enough to come by and take a look at it... he saw a connector that wasnt connected and asked me wut that connector was, so i look it up and its a speed sensor... okay, now my question. Where does this plug into?? becuase i cant see anything that it could plug into and if that could cause the motor to die everytime... please anyone, any info would be badass!! help!!!
1987 Toyota Corolla GT-S coupe ( f20 powered)

mooreofit
VIP Member

Re: blacktop is trippin man...

Post by mooreofit »

im assuming its a fwd motor and it plugs into the fwd tranny speed sensor. which im sure you no longer have. i wouldnt see how that would cause this issue.unless its was an engine speed sensor but weirder things have happend i guess.brads a cool dude.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

Well then Wut could cause this??? I will be checking fuel pressure 2morrow and see Wut good... but if yall kno anything please fill me in...

mooreofit
VIP Member

Post by mooreofit »

sounds like a vac issue to me. i would make sure your fuel pressure and volume are where they should be and if your losing spark as it rolls back to idle. just an fyi on my ae101 the car will not run with the 02 disconnected. and being that the motor came from this chassis it might be worth looking into.

if your timing stays good as it rolls back to idle i would suspect a fueling issue pump or such.

if the timing runs away on you as you roll back to idle its a map issue vacuum leak or the such.

if timing dissapears it might be an ignitor issue, vr sensor issue or the such.

this is also assuming that everything is installed correctly grounded and your on the stock ignition not cops.
[img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/mooreofalan/attachment-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

dr.occa
Hades - Site Admin

Post by dr.occa »

I should be by after work Thurs. Milton.

Gts_coupe87
Tourist

Post by Gts_coupe87 »

SIIICCKKK!!!